Beta signup

I’m curious why some people are so eager to get their hands on an unfinished piece of software. What makes you think that you “need” the beta right now?

It lies within the nature of a beta version that some things don’t work right yet and you may be in for a big disappointment if you let your expectations rise too high.

I’m aware that this closed beta is taking way longer than people hoped for but I don’t think you are doing yourself a favor if you waste a significant portion of your free time on trying to somehow gain access to it.

What got you that hyped? Is there a defining feature of the new client which you just can’t wait to see in action? Do you know someone who already got the new client and you can’t wait to have a group conversation?

And what would you do if you were the only one among your friends who actually got a beta code?

Let me know.

3 Likes

i only want it cause discord is a bit demanding i also really want it cause two of my main friends has it and it has better security and better voice quality im mainly hyped for the eseair way of setting the server up without fiddling to much around :slight_smile:

Better “security” and “voice quality” (the way I interpret those words) are core features of the TeamSpeak platform which don’t require the new client version.

The beta TeamSpeak client basically uses the same security features and audio codecs as the old client generation. You don’t have to wait for those. You can start using TeamSpeak 3 right away.

The only things you would miss out on at this point are the new UI (but you can install third party themes in TeamSpeak 3) and the new global chat features.

Also, the current server generation is still version 3. It’s the same server you would use with a TeamSpeak 3 client. The way you set that up didn’t change.

The “easy to setup” free TeamSpeak servers you are probably referring to went through some testing but are not currently available. See this thread.

For me,

I want to move my discord channel over to TeamSpeak
But adoption would be easiest if we could have access to the new UI.
Regardless of the fact that it is in Beta - this is not something that would we would judge it for or be bothered by.

Also we do understand that the devs don’t want to receive 100 bug reports for the same bug.
At least for my channel in particular, we would act responsibly in that if we did report a bug, to only report it once.

For us - the biggest feature we LOVE TeamSpeak for that Discord doesn’t have (and has been asked to add it, but never did.)
Whisperlist.
We need whisperlist.
Its necessary.

I hope the Beta has whisperlists :stuck_out_tongue:

Love you Teamspeak thank you so much for making this!

Right now, the Beta does not support whispers, but it’s being worked on.

1 Like

Remember to ask your community to all register individually for beta access. This way everyone can test this with you.

5 Likes

I am, thank you!

It’s a small community but we’re excited to join :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got any updates for us? As in sign up related emails? Just generally asking.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

@flo
Please read this. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, I haven’t forgot about this. Just waiting to get the thumbs up so we can invite more people into the new client.

9 Likes

Ok :flushed::sweat_smile:

Alrighty! Everything going to plan, this should be launching by the end of next week so I will need to update this post when this takes place so everyone knows how this will work.

10 Likes

I am still wondering when will the beta codes get but I have already asked for that but I would like to know in how many months the codes will be distributed?

See above.

2 Likes

Update started in a new post to keep information up to date: Closed beta access

6 Likes

You’re on the waiting list!

We will reach out via email when you get your beta code.
2 I have been waiting for 3 weeks, still not received code

1 Like

So the only thing you can do is to wait…

That’s worth it, trust me!

Peace

Closing topic as this information is now out of date, please refer to: Closed beta access

6 Likes