Can not save audio settings on non-default device since b65

My friend has also a GO XLR and he hasn’t this problem. Has it maybe something to do with Win 11?

It could be that Microsoft has changes some stuff on audio setting in Win 11

I have the same issue on Mac OS

My post has been moved here, but I would like to note that I am not running non-default device, yet still have this issue.

Yep, it doesn’t work with any device.

I can not confirm. I never had problems with the audio settings.

Working for me too

It’s a completely computer related problem. Saving works fine on my laptop but not on my desktop PC. Same account. Even after deleting and re-creating the whole local profile folder.

1 Like

When i setup my microphone or other sound settings, teamspeak doesn’t save them but they are working, after opening settings again it randomly set up again.
MacOS Monterey 12.0.1
Apple M1
5.0.0-beta67

1 Like

Same issue here. And each time I start Teamspeak, it wants to update… I can update it like 10 times in a row.

MacOS Monterey 12.2
MacBook Pro M1 Pro 16’
Teamspeak 5.0.0-beta67 (build 1638359901)

1 Like

moved by mod

I’ve got a weird issue. Some kind of setting retention issue somewhere. Started after Beta 68 and continues with Beta 68.1. Have had it for two weeks now. Not sure where this bug should be reported.

I use Voice Activity Detection and it is set to Hybrid mode setting (or at least that’s what i would like to use). However, since the Beta 68 release, every time i restart Teamspeak it resets back to Automatic mode. Also while VAD appears to be enabled (the switch is in the enabled position), my mic seems to be actually always open. So i have to flip the VAD switch to disabled and then enabled again for it to actually be enabled. That’s a temporary fix for the VAD issue but i have to do this every time i re-open Teamspeak.

But the VAD Mode resets to Automatic mode as soon as i leave the settings or even change the settings tab. Haven’t found a way to keep that setting to stay where it’s set.

Also sometimes if i forget to reset the VAD flip switch and start talking to my friends, it sometimes absolutely destroys their ears with a sudden extreme volume spike, while my direct hardware monitoring stays normal. Never happens when i’ve done the VAD reset “trick” but happens often if i’ve forgotten.

My friend also has the same issue with the VAD Mode setting being reset. He uses Hybrid as well, but it resets back to Automatic. His mic isn’t always on when he opens Teamspeak though. I can attach a video example of the behavior here later (if needed) when i get back to my computer.

Should we erase the Teamspeak files from AppData, so it would elmininate the possibility of some settings being corrupted or conflicting with eachother after the update?

2 Likes

Having the exact same issue :confused:

Edit: Windows 11 here too.

Shouldn’t be, the only settings that are changed in on Teamspeaks end, not on GoXlr

I’m having the same issue.

I do not use a Go XLR.

I am using an Elgato Wave 3 Premium microphone via USB.

My wife’s PC uses the same mic, but she does not have the same problem.

The only difference we can think of is Windows. I’m on Windows 11 (problematic) while she’s on Windows 10 (fine).

I finally could reproduce this. But only twice from my 100 tries today.

Can somebody with the problem please confirm following:

• You set Default settings first then switch to the device that presents default (should have have the settings you set in Default)
  • Now when you set your non Default Device the settings should be saved.
5 Likes

Is that exactly how you mean it?

Onedrive link with mp4 video file: (expiration date 28.02.2022)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApaHMuehDe5Age4iNkyjRdw5RaEO9Q?e=KYe1KY

Operating System:
Windows 11 Version:10.0.22000

When I set my capture device to be my Macbook Microphone instead of Default device, then settings save.
When I switch back to Default device, they stop saving again.

I attempted how you stated multiple times. Settings still will not save. This is also a virtual audio device, though through BEACN and not goXLR. I am also on Windows 10.

I have the same problem but after the format this problem stop. Why idk but its works ^^

I do also encounter this weird behaviour. It startet with beta 67.

If I change the voice activation method it does not get saved or used. Upon exiting the preferences it goes back to default and always marks me as speaking. This is the really annoying part because my gildies always tell me to alter my settings.

I came around that I have to disable VAD completely and then turn it back on to at least cancel the “always send bug” but the activation method will never be applied correctly…

As I’m using a mac and I do encounter the very same behaviour as windows users it seems to be a problem of teamspeak itself and not of the os.

I built a new computer, installed Windows 11, and I still encounter this same issue. Very irritating, since TS used to have the best mic setting customizations.