Can´t connect to specific TS3 Server with umlauts in doamin

Hey everyone,

using the new TS-Client i encountered a problem, where i´m unable to connect to one specific TS3 server. It´s the only sserver i encountered the problem so far. The hostname contains soe “ü”, but since i´m unable to connect to it´s IP either i don´t think it´s the cause for this problem.

Sadly I wasn´t able to find any option to enable logging for the new TS client. If you need any further information to troubleshoot this, pls let me know

1 Like

Please post the ts5client log

1 Like

Yep can reproduce this issue.
You may use a server nickname or IP till this got fixed.

Same should happen in TS3 already.

3 Likes

Hey. The strange thing is, that in TS3 its working fine with the DNS Name and the IP. On TS5 none of the two work.

1 Like

Can you tell e where to find it? I can´t manage to find it on my own

1 Like

For Windows
%LOCALAPPDATA%\TeamSpeak\Logs\Default

3 Likes

moved by moderator

Hey there,
my server nickname contains the character ö which seems to make problems. When I connect via another nickname with regular characters there is no problem. Is there a reason for this? Are umlauts somehow restricted or forbidden? I tried to find an answer but didn’t find a solution. That’s why I’m asking here now. Hope you guys can help me!

cheers

1 Like

Okay nevermind. It turns out Umlatus are not the problem. I could connect to the server with no problems now. And the reason is really stupid:

My Security Level wasn´t high enough. The Server required Level 23, i had Level 8. However there is no pop-up like in the old client, an error message or at least something in the logs hinting at this…

1 Like