Failed to connect

I can log into the teamspeak server but keep getting failed to connect to server for a friends server. I did take down all my fire walls. with no luck. any help with this would be greatly appreciatted.

jim

I got the “Failed to connect to server” error message. What should I do?
First of all don’t panic Now try the following

• make sure you didn’t misspell the address and that you do not have any typos in the address.
  • Ping the address
  • Ask a few friends to try and connect to the server from their end (these friends should preferably have different ISPs to rule out ISP failure), if it doesn’t work for them either it’s increasingly likely it’s a server problem after all and in that case nobody but the server owner can do anything about it.
  • Try to connect using a mobile client using the mobile network (not Wireless LAN), it it doesn’t work again it’s more likely a server problem (at least if your mobile connection is stable and better than edge).

If all those worked (ie. your friends could connect and/or you connecting with your cell phone worked too), then it might be a problem with your network or router.

• Check your firewall and make sure it doesn’t block TeamSpeak at all.
  • Check your security software to make sure it doesn’t block any ports or protocols (some like to block UDP traffic which is essential for TeamSpeak)
  • Check your router and search for any firewall, SPI Firewall, DDoS Protection, Flood Protection or similar and disable those option
  • Occasionally it helped to disable “UDP Checksum Offload” for the network card. On Windows this can be found in the device manager, properties of the network adapter under the advanced tab.

After you disabled them try and connect again, if it still doesn’t work then maybe your ISP is blocking UDP traffic, ask them about it.
TeamSpeak needs UDP and if it somehow gets blocked it just won’t connect.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: You can’t connect to a server?