Feedback for 5.0.0-beta.19

Hey,

the changelog for beta.19 is incomplete (please don’t forget to include all changes so we can give feedback for changes and new stuff). And some tweaks are strange, at least for me.

• You changed the channel banners (it’s a lot more transparent as before)
  • You changed the channel view on the right. I really dislike this because now it breaks some layouts for channels.

Example:

Before

After

soo much wasted space on the right side. For me, you should reverse those 2 changes (channel banners was fine before).

Thanks

18 Likes

Totally agree with you. The unused space on the right isn’t looking better then before (IMO) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow, totally agree. And its not dynamic, bigger app, more unused space, i guess its just because its not the final product, so its fine:)

2 Likes

Totally agree. This change should be revert.

2 Likes

You all have a good point about large descriptions; I’ll mention it tomorrow.

10 Likes

Coming back to this, I’ll be working on this in the very near future. Has anyone got a link to a server that has really long descriptions to test against?

6 Likes

unitedsb.net (“Nächsten 15 Geburtstage”,“User History”)
fun-und-witze.de

4 Likes

Since the new Update i’ve got huge UI Bugs.

I reinstalled TeamSpeak, I deleted all the folders in Appdata and in installation folder. I restarted my pc and it doesn’t help!

It happens everytime ! when i go to a different window (i’ve got 2 monitors) and then it glitches out!

Please FIX TeamSpeak

z5B8gEi|690x408

XlFiaP7|690x414

2 Likes

This is caused by NVIDIA Image Sharpening, we are aware of this and will be working on a fix for this in a future release, but I can’t give you a timeline on when a fix will be available at this point.
As a workaround turn off NVIDIA Image Sharpening in the driver.

7 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve had a think on this one, and chose to display the channel/server description in a full-width mode if it is significantly taller than the right-hand items.

e.g. (large description)

Compared to this (small description)

Any thoughts at this stage?

6 Likes

I’d prefer sth. similar to the first image but I’d place description below.
To be honest channels topics always seemed to be useless to me and I still see no need to place them on top. I’d like to hide this “No topic” message.

3 Likes

This looks great! What about @justgalak’s idea to hide the “No topic” message is none is set?

5 Likes

Totally your opinion.

2 Likes

Coming from Mattermost, they can be useful to provide a summary of what the channel is actually about without having to read through the more elaborate channel description.

It really depends on how you are using the feature on the particular server. Someone else might think that channel topic are vital.

And I actually like how prominently they are displayed within the new client. I think I’m going to put more effort into writing those looking forward.

But I’d be fine with no topic box showing at all when no topic is set. Just make sure that the banner is still there. I’m not sure where that is going to show up in the new client.

1 Like

Did text to speech notifications get removed or just not implemented yet? This is a feature I use in TS3 more than any other.

3 Likes

I’m either missing something, or with really large descriptions this is still looking a bit thin?

This is on beta 19.

1 Like

Hey, Please add chat to the bottom of the teamspeak client when in compact mode. I miss it very much. Thank You!

7 Likes

Since yall liked the last one
Something neat passed down my feed. If you watch twitch and you use some of the extensions a dev with ok experience added an audio plugin that makes every video enable an audio compressor over the playback. Maybe you could add it in your options so it cleans up and smooths out everyone and removes all the peaking everyone doesnt like. This is magic if you use his extension while watching streams on twitch. Maybe teamspeak could add an audio compressor in the playback options to normalize everything and have no more peaking.

3 Likes

I found out that Teamspeak 5.0.0 client is bugged when you use Push to Talk. Sometimes it gets activated by voice detection meanwhile you aren’t pressing key

2 Likes