How do I get a new recovery key? // My Badges are not shown in client

I am logged in with the correct account and my badges show on the TeamSpeak side but not in the app:

it tells me i need some kind of recovery key but i dont have a “key”

That’s the problem.
Your personal data is encrypted with your password and can only be decrypted by the password or the recovery key. As you changed the password you need the recovery key in order to decrypt your personal data again.
If you did not write that recovery key down as you were told to there is no way of recovering that data.

This is not a stupid design decision from TeamSpeak but rather the only way to ensure your data is secure and can not even be accessed by TS themselves.
AFAIK the badges are not affected by the fallback feature, thus you only loose your old identities, hotkey profiles and bookmarks.

1 Like

I never wrote down that key thats more a fault from my side thanks for letting me know :slight_smile: yall have a great evening

But anyway you can take a Look here: Unable to decrypt data There is a good explanation.

So I’ve added quite a few Badges to my account but when I had to reset my PC all of my badges were unable to be used and didn’t show up anymore. If I use the same code it says, that I’ve already used that badge. I have checked on www.myteamspeak.com and found all my badges were available on there but not on my actual client. Any help?

You are not logged in or did make a password reset.

3 Likes

pls dont be Ondřej Janča and save it. I lost my data cuz of it !!! dont be same Ondřej Janča like me :frowning:

Hi, I logged in to my TeamSpeak, in TS3, but all my bookmarks, identities, and badges are disappeared, but if I go in my web dashboard, I can see all my badges, and I’m using the auto-sync.

Either you are not logged in with the same account or you reset your password without the necessary recovery key. In this case all your stored bookmarks and identities will be gone and you won’t be able to access your badges too unless you make a new recovery key.

Hi, i made a new recovery key, but nothing happens…

18/02/2021 22:31:14 SyncImpl Info Successfully requested new backup key

Please post a Client Log

enough?

So when you got a new key , then you made a fallback and your bookmarks stay gone because the online content was deleted. There is no way to get them back from the account.

Badges stay.

4 Likes

No, i never did the fallback, and i’m using the same account, i don’t have a 2nd account.
and there’s not a badge or anything else, btw, when i try to recover the key, nothing happens

And you did not reset your password?
From the log it looks like you did because sync could not be initialized.

3 Likes

yes i did, but i use TS3 since there was not the myTeamSpeak client integration when there was the identity only, and i have the .ini file, and I have never seen the message about the recovery key.
i can login in to the client and in the dashboard, and yes, it’s the same account.

Then please read post 2 of this thread.

2 Likes