How to make a ts3 server start up with windows (scheduled task) or other way

I have had my TS3 server ,which is on my pc starting with windows for ages, but recently i needed to change the default file transfer port from 30033 due to repeated port scanning on that port, now i changed this with the command line & server .ini using a desktop shortcut , but when if reboot the PC the server reverts to the default file transfer port, is there any way i can get the server to start automatically and use the port i have set it to, so it will survive a restart and auto restart ?

2 Likes

When i try using the inifile=ts3server.ini . it starts but stops within a second when i try to manually run the task to test it ? the server .ini file is in the root of the ts3 server folder, as said it works fine if i use the shortcut with that command line argument in it , but fails to with windows scheduled tasks it will start then immediately stop again ?

1 Like

Not sure as to what working directory the task scheduler sets when you don’t specify one. If it isn’t the directory the binary is located in, you may have to set the working directory to the installation directory manually in the task.

1 Like

Just tested, exactly the same behaviour with the shortcut as a task it runs for a few seconds and then the server icon disappears from the task bar, and i can confirm is definitely not running, but task scheduler thinks it is running ? teamspeak3-server_win64\ts3server.exe inifile=ts3server.ini

Was this ever resolved? I have been trying to get everything to work, and I get this same issue. The only truly full proof way to go about any of this is to open the .exe myself, nothing else works flawlessly. Sometimes the server stops moments after being started, other times it’ll start but have myTeamSpeak ID connection issues(even when the .ini is added to the arguments), and I’ve never gotten it to start successfully with a .bat file or Task Scheduler.

Currently people are busy on the TeamSpeak, and I can’t test right now… However, I have set it up on my personal computer(which is Windows 10, but I’ve done it the same way as I had been doing on Windows Server 2019) and it’s worked. The only difference is that on my personal computer the install location is C:\teamspeak3-server_win64, while on Windows Server 2019 C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\TeamSpeak. I also ran the task One time on my personal computer instead of At log on, and have no idea if this impacts anything. It’s a bit silly how there’s any difference between my computer acting on this .exe and me clicking it with my mouse.

I’ll update you when I test later tonight or tomorrow…

Would also like to mention that my user auto logs in, on the server, and this login triggers my task. I have no idea if I need to set some kind of delay on the task till other programs/services/resources are available that TeamSpeak Server needs to properly work.

I originally got a program, from Microsoft that set it up for me, but I learned that all I did was edit the registry, so I just removed the program and adjusted the registry appropriately. And yes, I want it ran as a common application, so it’s in the taskbar and viewable when I connect via remote desktop.

So, I solved my problem quite simply and to have TeamSpeak auto-start upon a computer restart… Just added a 1-minute delay to the trigger and everything is working perfectly.

1 Like