Problem with DNS/SVR: on subdomain no icon upload possible (lost file transfer connection)

Hello guys,

yes, i am still using TS3 and i have a strange problem with my own little TS3 Server, which is hosted on my snology NAS via docker. I opened the ports 9987, 10011 and 30333, but i cant upload anything as long as i am connected via the subdomain. If i am connected via domain (standard port) or the internal IP the badges and icons are shown and i can upload anything. If i am connected via subdomain (ts.mydoamin.ending) i cant upload and see anything.

So the problem should be the svr for the subdomain.
here is how i config them:
_ ts3 . _ tcp IN SRV 2 5 10011 domain.de.
_ ts3 . _ udp IN SRV 0 5 9987 domain.de.
_ ts3 . _ tcp IN SRV 1 5 30033 domain.de.

(if this works, i will change the ports into random ports to set up the security :slight_smile: )

Best regards from germany!

Have the same issue, using docker with teamspeak image, forwarding the ports to non-default ports and configure the srv records as below:

Docker:
ports:
- 14201:9987/udp
- 14202:10011
- 14203:30033
SRV:
_ts3._udp 0 5 14201 example.com
_ts3._tcp 0 5 14203 example.com

TS3 Client Behavior:
Can connect to the server and chat.
Cannot upload files (could not open file transfer connection)

I believe this is due to the lack of support with forwarding 30033 using srv. And I cannot use the default port and no srv cause there will be a conflict.

You simply need to change the file transfer port in the server config. The server informs the client about the file transfer port through the voice connection.

2 Likes