Hotkey on Gamepad/Joystick/Steering Wheel can not be set

So for some reason this only applies to when I am trying to map a PTT button to my Xbox One controller (wired connection). When I try to go in and add a hotkey on my Xbox One controller the gray square just never goes away to finalize the command. Also I will hit the “A” button and it maps it as a button and a Joystick command.

Screenshot_47

I have 3.5.3 [Stable] Windows on Windows 10
my Plugin for gamepad and joystick is this one…

I have the exact problem but on my PC after I just did a major upgrade (motherboard, SSD, etc.). I found a program called antimicro that allows you to map controller buttons to keyboard keys. It’s not perfect because when pressing your PTT button, whatever key you assigned it TS is also activated in chat for example. It’s so far not a problem, just an annoyance but it would be better if we didn’t need this.

i have this same issues with a new PC build

Try antimicro. So far, it’s working for me. Remember to start it as administrator or it won’t work.

Good luck!

I am trying to set a push to talk hot key to my wheel and it will read the button push but wont turn off the window like normal just keeps adding to it. When this happens it only activates the push to talk with the second button pushed. I can use the shiftier and it works as it should. I am at a loss how to fix it.

anything?

The device does not send a key release event for that button.
This is why the client still thinks you are holding the button.

Maybe a driver update helps or the support from your device knows more and can explain it.

4 Likes

Hello, I’m having a similar problem. I am running version 3.5.3 and using a Fanatec Clubsport Wheel. I did a major upgrade on my pc and reinstalled everything on a blank ssd. Everything used to work until I did the upgrade. Now, when I disable then enable the Gamepad and Joystick Hotkey Support addon and then go to capture and click the button to assign a hotkey to PTT, it registers button 3 but the dialog stays open until I click the mouse or hit a key on my keyboard. It then has button 3 + Mouse button 1. The settings button on the joystick addon is grayed out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

i have the simxperance wheel I just started getting this issues with a new PC build the old one works correctly

This has to be one of the singularly most unhelpful and frankly irritating replies I’ve seen by a member of staff especially considering I have been able to register that same hotkey on multiple differing other kinds of VOIP solutions as a PTT key with no difficulty. I can prove this. Teamspeak is the only one that DOES NOT WORK.

Maybe being less patronising and more helpful in the future can fix this.

Because frankly if this is the level of support and help that Teamspeak provides the userbase when the alternatives actually work… I really don’t see the point in being a paying customer any more.

For reference I also experience the same problems, in hotkeys I try to add a specific button on my throttle for the logitech X56 and it does not register the button press.

I would be happy to speak to the support team except the last time they did any work on the drivers was over 2 years ago. But strangely enough IN EVERY SINGLE OTHER of your major competitors software I press that button, I don’t need to download some addons or plugins AND IT WORKS. It registers the button press. So please explain why TS doesn’t work in comparison?

6 Likes

My TS3 worked as advertised (Racing wheel buttons) until my HDD broke cause of an issue with power company. I was running 3.5.3 when the HDD broke and all was well. Installed new Win 7 Pro 64 bit OS (Same as prior OS) and installed version 3.5.3 and the buttons won’t work. Now upgraded to 3.5.6 and same issue. Buttons have to go all the way back to 3.1.1 to work on an new install but I can’t connect to any server. Your assumption of working until the last update is invalid. Also, the link lists no help in the forum as other are having the same problem as I. Where does the PLUGIN load from??

Does this mean your technical support team will not investigate this problem? If so, why do I pay for this TS3 server?

1 Like

…same behavior here with a new AMD setup Windows 10 and virpil controllers. Any solution for this problem so far?

1 Like

This is STILL an issue. We need a fix. It is NOT that our device isn’t sending a key release event. It works in any other application, it is just teamspeak where the issue is present. This has happened in the past, and was an issue with the plugin, which teamspeak forwarded to the hotkey plugin developer. Please do so again. Brand new PC, and all drivers are up to date. This is unique to AMD systems.

2 Likes

use joytokey apps, this is the only fix i have found

That is not a viable solution for my use case unfortunately. If you are also having this issue please provide any details you can so that staff actually takes this seriously…

1 Like

It seems to work out of game and sometimes in game but if it gets a couple programs for overlays and crew chief app going over the top of it, seems to drop out and i cant make it work anymore. Any ideas to always run just behind the game?

any updates with this?

That’s a different issue entirely. The rest of us can’t bind a push to talk on a controller / joystick / wheel at all.

i was talking about the antimicro app you suggested

Binding to a keyboard key (antimicro) is not a viable solution for my use case.

1 Like

Any possible progress on a fix for this?