Push to talk isn't working

As I said in the title, push-to-talk isn’t working. It doesn’t matter if the button is connect to the mouse of the keyboard, not working. Changing “By default” to “Keyboard and mouse only” in keyboard shortcut, also doesn’t also doesn’t help. Re-installing it also doesn’T help.
My version is 3.5.5.

Check this out:

1. Check your Capture Profile

When the push to talk functionality is not operating as it should be, the first thing you need to do is check your capture profile. As it happens, the issue usually tends to be the wrong profile selection in the capture settings of your Teamspeak installation. If your Teamspeak is using the default device (i.e built-in capture devices) rather than the correct capture device, you will not be able to communicate with other people in the channel.

To fix this issue, you will have to make sure that the correct capture device is selected or the right profile if you have created one for your ease before you connect to the server. To do this, follow the below instructions:

1. On your Teamspeak window, click on the Self option on the menu bar.
  2. From the drop-down list, go to Capture Profile.
  3. If you are using the default profile, make sure it is there. If it is not, just click on the Tools option in the menu bar and then select Options .

1. The options window will pop up. Switch to the Capture tab.
  2. From there, choose the correct capture device or your capture profile.

2. Check your Hotkey Profile

Another possible cause of the issue can be your hotkey profile. If the wrong hotkey profile is selected in the settings, your microphone will not activate and hence prevent you from communicating with others. Therefore, you will have to make sure that the correct hotkey profile is selected if you have created one. Otherwise, you will have to make sure that the correct hotkey is assigned to the push to talk option. Do the following to check your hotkey profile:

1. To check your hotkey profile, click on the Self option in the menu bar of Teamspeak .
  2. After that, move your cursor to the Hotkey Profile option and make sure that the correct profile is marked.
  3. Alternatively, you can go to the Tools option and then select Options from the drop-down menu.
  4. Afterwards, switch to the Hotkeys tab and make sure that the correct profile is selected.

5. Check if the issue is fixed.

3. Uncheck ‘Voice Activation Detection while Push to Talk’ Option

For some users, the issue was caused by the Voice Activation Detection while Push to Talk option. What this option does it enables Voice Activation Detection for Push to Talk. This means that the mic will not activate even when you have pressed the push to talk hotkey unless the voice is of a certain level.

This option is found in the Advanced options under the capture device settings. Disabling this is likely to fix your issue if the above solutions have failed to do so. Here’s how to uncheck the option:

1. Click on the Tools option and then select Options from the drop-down menu.
  2. Now, switch to the Capture tab and check the Advanced options box to show additional settings.
  3. From the newly listed options, make sure that the ‘ Voice Activation Detection while Push-to-Talk ’ option is unchecked.

1. Finally, click Apply and then hit OK .

I hope one of the Following Instruction will help and your issue get solved

1 Like

‘Voice Activation Detection while Push-to-Talk’ is already uncheck.
I’m only using default profil and setting my capture device to my headset.

Oh, and my application doesn’t look like that.