Server is creating lots and lots of accept_license_error logs but the server is working

Hi all,

I am experiencing a weird behaviour from the Teamspeak Server 3.12.1 Linux.

I installed it freshly on the Linux server and it starts up fine and works. When I look into the logs though I see every 15 seconds a new logfile of accept_license_error_[date].log which will eventually clog up the folder.

The server is running as teamspeak user in it’s seperate home directory with the right file permissions.
I added an init.d script which will call the start script:

ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini

I was under the impression that the server does not start without the accepted license anyway? Also I added a .ts3_license_accepted to the directory and tried starting the server with the license accepted argument to no avail.

Also in the ts3server.ini I changed the logappend option 1, still every second a new file. Is there an option to delete older logs or keep a rolling log?
Also I added license_accepted=1 to the ts3server.ini just to be sure. Nothing changed.

Logs:

2020-05-06 13:42:23.026582|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.12.1 (2020-03-27 10:38:47)
2020-05-06 13:42:23.026875|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |SystemInformation: Linux 4.15.0-99-generic                     #100-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 22 20:32:56 UTC 2020 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
2020-05-06 13:42:23.026922|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |Using hardware aes
2020-05-06 13:42:23.028564|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, Version       3, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
2020-05-06 13:42:23.028634|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin version: 3.11.1
2020-05-06 13:42:23.029544|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |checking database integrity (may take a while)
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047183|WARNING |Accounting    |   |Unable to open licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047733|INFO    |Accounting    |   |Licensing Information
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047774|INFO    |Accounting    |   |licensed to       : Anonymous
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047787|INFO    |Accounting    |   |type              : No License
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047802|INFO    |Accounting    |   |starting date     : Sat Feb  1 00:00:00 2020
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047813|INFO    |Accounting    |   |ending date       : Mon Feb  1 00:00:00 2021
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047822|INFO    |Accounting    |   |max virtualservers: 1
2020-05-06 13:42:23.047830|INFO    |Accounting    |   |max slots         : 32
2020-05-06 13:42:23.768917|INFO    |              |   |Puzzle precompute time: 683
2020-05-06 13:42:23.769637|INFO    |FileManager   |   |listening on 0.0.0.0:30033, [::]:30033
2020-05-06 13:42:23.790981|INFO    |Query         |   |listening for query on 0.0.0.0:10011, [::]:10011
2020-05-06 13:42:23.791551|INFO    |Query         |   |listening for ssh query on 0.0.0.0:10022, [::]:10022
2020-05-06 13:42:23.791663|INFO    |CIDRManager   |   |updated query_ip_whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1/32, ::1/128,
2020-05-06 13:42:23.856460|INFO    |              |   |myTeamSpeak identifier revocation list was downloaded successfully - all related features are activated

2020-05-06 13:42:23.790619|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|1  |listening on 0.0.0.0:9987, [::]:9987

What can be seen in the Filesystem:
accept_license_error_2020-05-06__13_55_43.265271.log
accept_license_error_2020-05-06__13_56_59.513113.log
And many more or these.

Inside them:

Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to “accept” in order to accept the license agreement.
Alternatively, create a file named “.ts3server_license_accepted” in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter “license_accepted=1”.
To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to “view” in order to print the license to the console.
Alternatively view the file “LICENSE” in your favorite text viewer yourself.

Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Server should not work when you get that message and i guess the script triggers that every x seconds and you get the anew log for each try.

What happens when you start the server with that command manually?
Or with license_accepted=1 attached to the command?

1 Like

Nothing changes. Server works, logs are produced.

Ok, another thing:
I stopped the teamspeak server, disabled it in init.d and rebooted the whole machine. Logs are still being written even with no server running.
Calling the start script with the stop option says that no server is running (right).

/edit: There is no Cronjob running as far as I can see that produces something like that.
/edit2: There was a system.d service trying to restart the server. Problem still stands.

Ok that seemed to be the problem.
There was a system.d service trying to restart the server. But instead of giving a useful error message it just wrote the license dialog in the folder. I just masked the entry and now it seems to work fine. Quite weird.
I am still not quite sure where this entry pointed at to produce a license error, since the .license file was not removed. But it’s fixed now.

1 Like