Server Stops after a failing connection with the Accounting Server

Hey there!
When I start my TeamSpeak3 Server the Log entry will be created

2020-03-07 22:49:26.922999|ERROR |Accounting | |Error contacting server https://accounting2.teamspeak.com: SSL_ERROR: Alert on protocol: TLS 1.2 level: fatal error: unsupported_certificate (43)
2020-03-07 22:49:26.962265|ERROR |Accounting | |Error contacting server https://backupaccounting2.teamspeak.com: RESOLVE_ERROR: Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt

This message is in the log around 30 times, after that, the Server stops, in the Client with the Message “Server Shutdown” and in the Log with the message “Could not connect to accounting server after multiple attempts, shutting down server”.

As soon as I connect to my Server I also get the Message that my myTeamSpeak ID is invalid. When I remove my “licensekey.dat” the problem is, in some way, solved.

Logfile: https://media.5trubel.de/tslog.txt

This should not happen!
The image shows that there are indeed no records behind the backup domain.

I have no idea why but TeamSpeak keeps dooing this. Maybe they dynamically assign an IP there if something else fail, only speculations though…
Also the certificate is correct

Is your server somehow proxied?
The only idea I have now is that the valid TeamSpeak certificate is not coming through to your server.

Certificat comes through

So you are hosting on your own PC?
What’s the OS?
Has it worked before?

Of course there are no records.
This has been discussed several times already.

This is a failover service which goes online (manually or automatically) if the primary accounting service fails.

You are right. Though my quoted text are two different statements.

and

But even though I was not 100% about the reasoning behind this, I ruled out the possibility of this being the problem.

So let’s maybe focus on the actual problem and not discuss any technicalities that ain’t even relevant here.

It’s always relevant to clarify wrong or misleading informations.

The issue can be caused by an anti-virus application.

Instead of going into detail too much, disable your anti-virus software and report back.

For more details: https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/129989-Can-t-Login-To-Teamspeak-Account-(SSL_ERROR-Alert-on-protocol-TLS-1-2)?p=443369#post443369

(edit)

If you would read the posts correctly there are no questions open regarding the host or OS.

2020-03-06 19:48:18.097263|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.11.0 (2020-01-13 08:12:37)
2020-03-06 19:48:18.097847|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |SystemInformation: Windows Server 2016 (17763) x64 (AMD or Intel) Binary: 64bit

(edit 2)

Using third party anti-virus apps on a Windows server isn’t needed anyway.
The inbuilt anti-virus solution is working quite well for common usage and specially designed for servers.

If you use the server to browse around the internet or download non-official suspicious apps you’re using this server as PC - in other words - wrong.

Only specific anti-virus apps make sense if you need them to scan/protect hosted services.
(for example a mail server etc.)

After Disabling Windows-Defender, nothing changend. Using a Dedicated Server in Frankfurt.

Thought so. Windows Defender is just fine and you should keep it running!
What @FakE meant were 3rd party anti-virus tools.

So you do not know whether or how your connection is proxied?
Assuming you have one specific public IP would most likely mean you are not.

Nope, no proxies

Still got no answer…

No third party anti-virus application installed?
No third party firewall application installed?

Is Windows up to date?

Check your registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp

DefaultSecureProtocols

DefaultSecureProtocols Value Protocol enabled
0x00000008 Enable SSL 2.0 by default
0x00000020 Enable SSL 3.0 by default
0x00000080 Enable TLS 1.0 by default
0x00000200 Enable TLS 1.1 by default
0x00000800 Enable TLS 1.2 by default

Can’t find where you asked this questions. Still, no need to get mad.
When he says he disabled Windows Defender you can assume he is in fact not running any 3rd party anti-virus software as Windows Defender would otherwise just refer and be practically disabled.

The registry is however not a bad idea.

As it fails to validate the cert and not to make a connection I assume that the cert doesn’t reach the TeamSpeak server properly.

Why should I ask you this question?
That’s for 5trubel having the issue, not you.

That’s wrong.
There are a lot of non-gui based anti-virus solutions which do not replace or affect the inbuilt one.
(especially for specific services like mailservers etc. - using such ones as well)

If so how could the server say it’s an unsupported certificate?

However without further informations more help isn’t possible.

The registry could only be an issue on server version older than 2012.
This info is just to check any installed software doesn’t change these.

No third party firewall or anti-virus

I cannot find that Key “WinHttp”

When I contact the accounting over the browser, the certificat is valid.

Have a look at this:

Even though TLS 1.2 should be enabled by default it may still be disabled in the image your provider uses. Only the client part should be interesting here.

What do you mean with that? You mean the ISO I used to Server to install WinServer? That’s the Original from Windows.

Ok, then this should not be the issue. But still please have a look at those registry keys.

There’s something wrong with your Windows server version.
As I said this should not happen in versions newer than 2008.

Try to download and install the following Windows update manually:

KB 3140245

Download: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb3140245

For related information see this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi

Well its not that easy when I’m using WinServer 2019 and the Update is for WinServer2012 or below ^^

Use and download the package for Windows server 2012.
Report back.

INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |SystemInformation: Windows Server 2016 (17763)

Are you using an original version downloaded from Microsoft?

Open your console prompt and execute:

systeminfo

Hide your personal information and report back.

twitch instagram twitter facebook