SUGGESTION: Make the chat searchable

The search functionallity is a integral part of nearly every messaging service nowadays.
A way to search through the server/chat system chats (idk if server chats are permanent or only temporary) would be really great.

It could be implemented on a per chat basis or in the global search bar. (In my opinion it would be best to have both.)

Also the search bar should be opened by pressing strg/cmd + f even if you don’t implement the search functionality.

11 Likes

post moved by moderator

Rooms and server text chats would benefit from a search that allows to find messages that are not yet loaded or displayed, as well as having a global full-text search for all text chats would be awesome. Getting there with SHIFT+CMD+F / SHIFT+ALT+F much like in every IDE would be a great addition.

5 Likes

I agree +1

3 Likes

My suggestion is to enable CTRL + F search in chat rooms. It will be much easier to find a conversation between many people in one room.

2 Likes

There is already a suggestion about it. Have a look at SUGGESTION: Make the chat searchable - #2 by chriszo111

2 Likes

I didn’t know, but they need to put that suggestion on ToDO list for sure :smiley:

2 Likes

Anyone know if this feature will be this added anytime soon?

2 Likes

This is actually in development. But there is no date set which version this will be added.

8 Likes

In (not yet released) Beta 73 you will be able to search for chat messages as long your cache has still has them.

You can use the Search Bar or CTRL + F hotkey while in chat.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Search tree function