TeamSpeak 5.0.0-beta51

Greetings!
We just released beta 51 for all testers :smiley:

• This time we added feature back to connect via hyperlink (known ts3server and new tsserver) .
    These optional parameters are supported in TS5

port
password
channel
channelpassword
token
nickname
addbookmark

Example with all parameters in use:

tsserver://example.com?port=9987&nickname=tester&password=secrets&channel=Talki1&channelpassword=NotTellingYou&token=C3bcBHpSStQHFHc7UO89dKwhCSRkR7ysJN3HRTXr&addbookmark=Example%20Bookmark

File browser

• We continued the work on the file browser and history. We touched the UI and added functions like drag and move into folder (also into the address bar) or other channels.
    The middle mouse button now can open the file browser again like you know it from TS3

Full Changelog

* Support opening the client and connect to server using ts3server:// and tsserver:// links. Format is identical to TS3.
* Fixed an issue downloading files containing invalid characters
* Fixed using wrong directory when switching file browser between channels
* Show most recently transferred files above the list
* Open file browser with middle mouse click
* Added support for dragging files onto a folder to move them within the file browser
* Added categories to activities area
* Tweaked file transfer and server log UI
* Added unread indicator to current channel chat button
* Fixed issues with highlighting whisper targets
* Removed kick and ban options in contact chats
* Removed special handling of Alt+F4
* Fixed an issue with minimize to tray
* Fixed a rare crash managing whisper lists
* Hide privilege key overlay when the server connection is lost
* Added icon to Linux client
* Added ability to clear file transfer history

Notes for this thread

• Feedback as per always is always welcome in this thread :smiley: . Issues that are not related to this update belong to it’s own thread.
  • We suggest to place wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads in the suggestion area instead of the release thread. We mention this because each update post will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion could be lost.
  • We allow ourselves to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.
23 Likes

Nice update :+1:

Thank you :wink:

Nice! Thanks for adding the icon to linux :blue_heart:
Desktop-Entry works fine now but there is still no icon in the dock, at least for me.

3 Likes

I would love to see a Drag and Drop function to upload Items directly into the File Browser.

1 Like

It’s on a list for file transfer but it’s unclear if that and drop on channel will be added.

3 Likes

* Support opening the client and connect to server using ts3server:// and tsserver:// links. Format is identical to TS3.

I think this is a good opportunity to change the old TS3 behavior of always opening a new connection despite already being connected to the server, specially now that you have previous connections and can quickly resume them.

I believe resuming a previous connection instead of opening a new one would be more user friendly, but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Nice :ok_hand:

A post was split to a new topic: Report button under Options in small mode

A post was split to a new topic: Status does not save

Thank you for the update, keep up the good work! With your spirit, despite all the hardships, a full TeamSpeak release will come sooner or later.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.