TeamSpeak 5.0.0-beta73

Today we released our next beta client.

This release focuses on fixing bugs and performance issues.
While this release does not include lots of features, our team is actively working on new functionality for future releases.

Here is the full change log

Fixed avatar not updating in presence bar in some situations
Fixed not being able to connect to chat in some situations
Invites from non existing / unreachable servers will be added to the ignore list
Fixed potential crash when moving homebase
Fixed replies to old messages being rendered incorrectly
Fixed edit message pencil disappearing behind chat message in bubble mode when resizing the client
Fixed the improve identity dialog not showing when connecting to a TS3 server using an identity with insufficient security level
Fixed File Transfer Info showing an infinite loading animation
Fixed empty file transfer channels on legacy servers showing an error instead of the "no files" information
Fixed collapsed sidebar not restoring the previous width when expanding
Fixed some Unicode 14.0 Emojis not being available
Fixed appending to files that already exist in the download location when downloading files from chat
Fixed "This user is ignored" warning popping up erroneously when adding contacts
Fixed drag and drop not working for moving or creating channels
Fixed not being able to drop files onto already uploaded files in the channel file browser
Fixed not being able to delete privilege keys
Fixed erroneously showing "Upload File" when dragging client elements onto chat
Fixed not being able to load pinned messages and replies in some cases
Improved performance of the Emoji-Picker
Change default window metrics, increasing default window size by 25%, increase default server tree width by 48%
Change the "option" to reset the tour into a link to perform the action
Added ability to search for locally saved messages, either per-room or globally
Added support to input Emojis from the Windows Emoji Picker
Added an option to automatically load the image preview for images sent in chats
Update Chromium version to 109.1.18

Notes for this thread

• Feedback as per always is welcome in this thread :slight_smile:. Issues that are not related to this update belong to it’s own thread.
  • We suggest to place your wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads in the suggestion area instead of the release thread. We mention this because each update post will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion could be lost.
  • We allow ourselves to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.
14 Likes

but this only works on a TS 5 server right?

1 Like

Search works for Rooms, Contacts and Dec Channel Chats (TS5 server with Matrix running).

In Legacy Chat (TS3 and TS5 server without Matrix) you can’t search.

5 Likes

I somehow do not get the latest update.

I have already restarted the client a few times.

But according to the client I am up to date.

I will try it later with another device.

Update from b72 to b73 should be there. Just tested it.

Anything in your client log?
Should be like that when update was found and downloaded.

[2023-03-21 16:06:06.208] [info] starting download for http://update.teamspeak.com/windows/x64/latest/info.json
[2023-03-21 16:06:07.250] [info] starting download for http://update.teamspeak.com/windows/x64/latest/1671465207-1679397420.patch
4 Likes

Getting 401 as Response:

[2023-03-21 16:03:55.577] [info] starting download for http://update.teamspeak.com/windows/x64/beta/info.json
[2023-03-21 16:03:56.613] [warning] download of patch information failed: 401, reason: Unauthorized

When trying to get beta instead of latest you will fail.

Please stop modifying anything you shouldn’t…

6 Likes

You are right, sorry I neglected that I still had THIS JSON file in my roaming.

Beta72 was out for so long that it was simply forgotten or no longer noticed. :sweat_smile:

Now it works, so no error, or rather an operating error from myself :wink:

3 Likes