TeamSpeak Server 3.13.x

Hello everybody,

I wanted to upgrade my server to 3.13.0 this morning. Unfortunately, I also got the error message that the update failed because the database could not be updated.

2020-11-11 06:01:59.385849|ERROR   |SQL           |   |database update to revision: 34 failed!

My server doesn’t use a MySQL database, only the MySQL Lite version. (Please forgive me for not being able to post the exact error message because I wanted to get the whole thing done before work) The file update_34.sql not existed?!

Is that also so that I have to copy the mysqllib2.so file into the root directory?

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

@TheChaosToast @poqdavid

We are going to release a Hotfix today and you will be able to update then.

Meanwhile Download and use server 3.12.1.
Just overwrite all server files. It should start without any issue.

3 Likes

Very nice :slight_smile:

What I don’t understand: I don’t use an external database, but use the SQL-Lite database. Then why does this error occur? I would only be interested for the sake of interest :slight_smile:

Oh … almost forgotten:

is it actually enough if I simply rename the whitelist and blacklist?

On SQLite (is not MySQL) you should have no problem.

Yes you can rename them or ignore the message.

1 Like

But that’s just my problem; (that’s why I don’t understand).

As I said or written - currently I cannot reproduce the error message (something with Database failed) because I am currently at work.

Full message may help here. Guess there are some errors above that lone.

1 Like

Oh thanks don’t worry I do have a full backup of everything when I update so I restore everything to the way it was when things aren’t working :slight_smile: I learned this the hard way XD to keep backup all the time

Server 3.13.1 is now available .

Docker and Download on website follow later.
http://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/server/3.13.1/

Anyone who had problems with MySQL should be able to update from 3.13.0 to this version

10 Likes

Lovely just installed the new update and it’s all good now I did hit a bit of a snag when I upgraded got and this error

2020-11-11 22:18:16.252807|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.13.1 (2020-11-11 09:54:16)
2020-11-11 22:18:16.252953|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |SystemInformation: Linux 4.15.0-96-generic #97-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 1 03:25:46 UTC 2020 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
2020-11-11 22:18:16.252996|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |Using hardware aes
2020-11-11 22:18:16.253969|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin name:    MariaDB plugin, version 3, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
2020-11-11 22:18:16.254007|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin version: 2
2020-11-11 22:18:16.269034|ERROR   |DatabaseQuery |   |db_exec() CREATE INDEX index_servers_machine_id ON servers (server_machine_id);C error: Duplicate key name 'index_servers_machine_id'
2020-11-11 22:18:16.269087|ERROR   |SQL           |   |database update to revision: 34 failed!

But i restored my database to before trying to upgrade and that error went away and now its all fine :slight_smile:

Good Morning,

I wanted to give feedback: I installed server version 3.13.1 on my server this morning. It’s been running without any problems so far. I thought I can post the error message to you.

Now it’s going perfectly. I really didn’t understand why there were problems - despite that I use the SQLLite database - who knows.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

The title says ‘TeamSepak’. Anyway, any news on the docker image besides ‘soon’? Why don’t you guys prepare this first and release on all platforms at the same time? Asking for a friend! :wink:

A Docker release before any other can delay a planned release because you never know if your request got rejected and have to change anything there.

So we do it that way.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation! :partying_face:

Is this because TeamSpeak is listed as an official Docker image? Does a new version have to go through some kind of approval process?

Here you can download the server directly
If nothing goes wrong a docker release happens till the end of the week!

6 Likes

Server works fine,
but i get the following Info “Warning” after this update from 3.12.1 to 3.13.2

2020-11-24 12:42:49.320353|WARNING |ServerMain    |   |Unknown command line parameter ';', ignoring

There is no ; in my ini file

This appears direct on each start?

How does your ini files (server and db) look like and what command you use to start the server?

2 Likes

Thanks i found it, in my very old start.sh file :

COMMANDLINE_PARAMETERS="${2}; inifile=ts3server.ini"

Hi there. The “location” parameter is not documented in the latest serverquery documentation. Do I need this parameter to access the location when an alternate GeoIP database is being used?

Am I correct when I estimate that there are hidden costs adopting ip2location geolocation pg services? For pg that is…

Following up, and evaluating the distance between an installed pg and ready for ts3 support… Problem is, the requirement of ip4r may be a non starter, or at least not without a ready-to-install pg extension.

The difficulty is, ip4r is not a baked-in supported extension. And building it, at least in a W10 environment, is challenging.

So… if pg is a non-starter, what is a ready alternative.