Here we explain how you can update your server in some simple steps.
- You have to stop the current server instance first.
(Do not kill the process or else you will not be able to start your new server for the next 2-3 hours!)
Shutdown your server instance (Expand to get a how to for your operation system)
- These are official supported ways. to shutdown the whole server.
All ways will shutdown the whole instance and will report, that slots are not used anymore.```
* All operation systems: In the ServerQuery interface you can enter the command `serverprocessstop` * Linux/FreeBSD shell: The command `./ts3server_startscript.sh stop` when your server was started with `./ts3server_startscript.sh start` * Windows: Right-click into the Server Tray Icon -> Then press `Exit`
It’s always good to have a backup so lets make one first before we go on with step 3.
Create a copy of the
ts3server.sqlitedbor make a dump of your
Download the server from our website
Extract the server without using any Root / Admin account
Copy all extracted files to old server folder and overwrite the old file.
- Open the redist folder and copy/move the files to the root folder from the server in case you want to use MariaDB
- Start the server instance.
- The first start after the update will take some time
Another description of the process can be found inside
doc folder of the server.
There you will find a
server_upgrade.txt wit hall details needed to update a server.
The topic in this thread is all about
updating a server.
Every Off-topic posts won’t get any answer or will be removed from this thread.
Please search for the topic in our forum first and create a thread for your problem in case you could not find any related topic or answer.