Wrong Flag on all Teamspeak Servers!

Quoting the server_quickstart.md which can be foudn in the doc folder

• mmdbpath (empty)
    Set to the path of an MMDB file to use this as a source for GeoIP lookups. Requires libmaxminddb installed, which can be found in most Linux distributions as a package. Windows users can use the .dll found in the redist folder.
2 Likes

Heya
no i mean which DB, csv etc ( country, city )
cya
Xenya

The DB you downloaded from MaxMind.
You can use all their DB types.

2 Likes

Heya
ok i wanna try this on the ts3.ini file with mmdbpath=geoip/geo.mmdb
from GeoLite2-Country_20210601
cya
Xenya

1 Like

Heya

works perfect with this DB, all fine now
start the server with ./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini
logfile: 2021-06-07 13:13:36.632316|INFO |GeoIP | |mmdb database found and will be used for geoip lookups

cya
Xenya

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: IP2location database is outdated with latest server

Hi, I need some help, a flag of my country doesn’t appear next to my name on TS3, could someone help me, I’ve already been banned because of that I would like to solve

Sometimes there are gaps in the geo-location data. Are you using a VPN ore somethins witch blocks you geo-location? I had that same problem once and a serverupdate fixed it for me.

Do you have this porblem on every teamspeak server ore just one?

And just a tip this is an englisch forum so please you englisch next time :smiley:

I’m having this problem on every server I log on!

I know people who only got an IPv6 address from their provider.
I could imagine that your provider only gives you an IPv6 address too and that this address is not on the hardcoded geo ip list which is integrated in the ts3 server.
This list is not up to date, that’s why ts3 servers have the possibility to use external lists.

Check on one of the whats-my-ip-address websites (e.g. https://whatismyipaddress.com/) if your provider only gives you only an IPv6 address or an IPv4 too.

I could imagine that this is the problem.

I just checked the site you gave me, it only detected ipv4, ipv6 didn’t!

Did the website detected your location correctly (at least country)?

yes detected the country correctly!

Can you please read post 3 in this thread? It explains why your flag is wrong/not recognized.

2 Likes

Just as I’ve mentioned it quite a year ago…

1. Check your IP address under www.ip2location.com
  2. Contact the IP2Location support, when it’s wrong. — E-Mail: [email protected]
  3. Wait until the next month or server update for the fresh database — or you can also download the latest IP2LOC DB and use it for your server.

You can also use a IP address location database from another provider, e.g. MaxMind or anything else.

Have fun while suffering. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I WOULD REALLY YOU TO FIX THIS ASAP AS MY COUNTRY FLAG IS WRONG ON THE CURRENT SERVER I AM ON IT IS SHOWING THAT I AM FROM INDIA WHEN I LIVE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND I DO NOT USE A VPN OR ANYTHING. I AM AM ON 3.5.6 STABLE VERSION OF TS.

IT ONLY HAPPENS ON ONE SERVER THAT I HAVE TO GO ON

Attachment(s)

You may have a look at

1 Like

hello, my country flag says I’m in Bulgaria, but I do live in the netherlands. How can I fix this?

Please take have a look into this Thread:

please read post 3 in this thread. It explains why your flag is wrong/not recognized.

#moved by moderator

Hi There,

what service does the TS3-Client use/ask to show the Countryflag of a user (via IPv4)?
grafik

I and my IP are located in Germany. Apparently my ISP uses some IPv4-Addresses which where located in Hong Kong before and some websites/services still show the wrong location (I noticed the wrong location at least 3 Months ago).

My ISP wants me to take care of the wrong location by myself, which I think is outrageous but on the other hand I need a usable Internet Connection. Bad enough they still provide IPv6 Support.

Can someone tell me which Service the TS3-Client uses so I can instruct my ISP who they have to contact?

Thx in advance