A way to have only one person talking at a time in a channel

We, as well as some other servers, use teamspeak for GTAV RP, specifically for radio comms while roleplaying as a first responder. Because it is difficult to do radio transmissions when one or more officers are transmitting over each other, making it difficult for dispatch to understand what is going on. IRL when you talk on a radio, only one person can talk at a time, so it would be great if a plugin or feature was added where we can facilitate this.

1 Like

How about a channel with talkpower. The host has enough power to talk and if someone else wants to talk you give them talk power. If he’s finished remove it and give it to another person

Negative, due to the fact that it is being used as an actual radio, with time being of the essence. There is not enough time to grant/take away talk power, I have looked into that. What I’m thinking of is more of a way that when one person’s push to talk is activated, another person cannot talk until that officer has finished his radio transmission and released his push to talk key.

I have been asking for this for TeamSpeak (not even for GTAV RP) since 2013. A permission that allows for a channel to be set where no one can speak over others.

It would mimic real life radio systems that blocks a user from speaking when someone else is on the queue.

Investigated that. It’s not easily applicable to the situation others are seeking. Installation Docs I have read for it require some files to go into an ARMA3 game directory?

And there definitely is not anything publicly available. In all my years of TeamSpeak I know of only two servers that have made something to the extent we are explaining with far more wanting the feature.

Unless I am mistaken.

How many people do you know asking for this?

4 Likes

I know dozens of people that have been asking for this feature, perhaps even hundreds.

If you say you know ”dozens, perhaps even hundreds of people” then maybe introduce them here…

I don’t know how other people think, but if someone says to me that knows someone that knows someone and so on, and so on, then in my opinion this person is, sorry for this word, dumb. Or just thinks is better than everybody else.

Sorry for saying this, but I had to. And sorry if I offended you, cause I never wanted that.

Have a nice day.

I’ve not heard anyone mention it that’s why I ask. I’ll go through the forum and make a list of the top most requested server features and see what I can convince the devs to implement. :shushing_face:

5 Likes

I’ll second that - the more feedback we get, the better (we read everything!)

5 Likes

Alright, I’ll attempt to get them on here.

I could see benefits in this feature, since I use TS for REAL radio-communication between radio-repeaters etc. Its not really a ‘missing-feature’ that I need, but could get handy in some cases.

+1 from me.

1 Like

Oh well, here one more who would love this feature! :raising_hand_man:

Kinda of off-topic: @Adam and @davinciTS, since you showed some love for us saying that you read everything, etc, would be possible some feedback about this subject: Server option to remove badges from the server tree - #3 by Varredor ?
Like I said there in my post, is something that in the old forum was a lot of people asking.

Cheers

I have at least 500 members of just my community who have been clamoring for this from my leadership and I… I know it is possible to develop something on our end, as some other communities have been able to do it (the two that I know of that I mentioned), but I really feel it’s something that should be allowed natively.

I could get some (probably all) of them on here if you just want an audience to show support for it so the Devs could consider working on it. Finding reliable TeamSpeak developers (freelancers) is very hard as it seems there are very few who can understand TeamSpeak and it’s API.

I apologize for the late reply I was signed out of the forums it seems.

1 Like

Teamspeak is not really some kind of radio software. In over ten years and lots of communities I never seen anyone or any common use for such a feature. There are loads of features to be implemented yet with a much greater range of users.

If they’re for the server, please start a thread - would love to read them!

1 Like

I achieved this feature by just coding it by myself in my ts3 plugin (NEXTGEN-Voice). You just have to implement ur own DSP handling to the given events ts3 is firing for voice buffer creation.

I am one of the people asking for this plugin where only one person can speak in the channel at a time (like a radio). I have looked everywhere for it and had no luck. I know a FiveM server DOJRP that uses it and has seen a lot of success, but there plugin is private.

1 Like

I need a plugin like this too. That only allows one person to talk at a time in a certain channel.

Thats it. No in game integrations. No nothing. Just one person being able to talk at a time in a ts3 channel

I would like ts to add this feature, But I can also pay someone to make it.

I need this plugin, I run a community 500+ members.