Allow Server group to add or remove group to themself

I’m having trouble with the I_client_needed_permission_modify_power. I would give myself a certain role, but then I cannot remove it from myself. In other words I can still see the server group i gave myself, but when I go to try to remove it it says insufficient I_clint_needed_permission_modify_power. Here is how I currently have my permissions set us:

The clients with the member role should be able to add/remove themselves from the police/fire frequency w/o any issues But, when they try to add/remove themselves from the police/fire frequency it says insufficient I_clint_needed_permission_modify_power. I don’t know the issues I am having right now.

As far as I understand, you want someone who is a "guest" on the server to be able to set the "Police/Fire Frequency" permission for himself.

To do that you have to do the following things:
Group Guest
i_group_member_add_power - 20
i_group_member_remove_power - 20

Groups Police/Fire frequency
i_group_needed_member_add_power - 20
i_group_needed_member_remove_power - 20

:warning: I chose the number 20 as an example, you have to put the number that suits you in relation to the other permissions!

I tried that, but it still says insufficient i_client_needed_permission_modify power.

the server group permissions I want set like this:

Clients with the membership server group can add/remove; Fire/Police radio
Client with the HR role server group can add/remove; Departments roles, police/fire, member role etc to clients.

You shouldn’t put minuses.
Can you show me the permissions from the HR group?

The error you got is about i_client_permission_modify_power & i_client_needed_permission_modify_power.

If target’s i_client_needed_permission_modify_power is higher than own i_client_permission_modify_power, then you are not allowed to change any of users groups or permissions.

So whoever wants to add or remove permissions or groups to another user, must have enough i_client_needed_permission_modify_power in first place and then enough Add/Remove power for groups.

2 Likes