Alpha Testing?

1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)
  2. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?
    Windows 10
  3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
    Active user
  4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Free servers for all, screen sharing & video sharing.
Custom emojis.
Private calls so you can meet together, without the hustle of connecting to a server.

I’ve used TS3 since 2012 but am now primarily using the TS5 Beta since i got my access this march
    in addition to that i occasionally use the Android App on the go.

My main System is a Windows PC and my mobile solution is an android device.

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
    I am an active user of Teamspeak, with an approximate use of at least 2 Hours per day.

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
    While beeing a Softwareprogrammer and technic enthusiast, i guess i have some decent knowledge of the Software although i haven’t looked into the documentations and extensionprogramming yet.
    I would say a 4 out of 5 in terms of knowledge.

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
    Apart from the standard screen and video sharing option that everyone talks about, i would like to see some Quality of Life improvements like drag and drop function for uploading/downloading in the filebrowser or the possibility to create interactible tabs like voting polls to a chat.

Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)
Since 2014, and still an active user

What OS/OS’s are you currently using?
Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
My Friend and I do own a server, and I’m an active daily user

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
5, I know how to manage a server like Managing Server groups, channel groups and other permissions

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
I would like to have a screen sharing option and to share game activity status

• since 2015

• Windows 10

3.Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

• I’m a server owner and an active user too

4.On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

• i think 4, i know much about the client,server and permission system but not much about writing plugins, creating soundpacks etc.

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

• I think screen sharing would be a nice feature and browser integration so that you can use teamspeak in your browser without downloading the client
2 Likes

Since 2011

1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows 10, iOS

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Server owner and active user.

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

I think that teamspeak need some compatibility with streaming services like twitch and spotify, another good option to add is screen sharing with friends.

I would love to be part of the alpha testers!

Since 2014, TeamSpeak 3, and I’ve been using TeamSpeak 5, for 1 year.

Windows 10

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Server owner and active user, with friends who would love to test things.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

3, I know the client perfectly, I know how setup my own server, edit persmissions…, but in the coding side im not an expert.

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

I would love to have ScreenSharing or video calls, but I know that hosting something like that could be hard, so i would like to have chat only channels for the server.

Since 2018

1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows 10

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Server Owner & Very Active User

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

I would say 4

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Custom Emotes :3

I use Teamspeak since 2014

Windows 10 Pro

I have an Hosting where we sell Teamspeak Servers with license but i also have an own teamspeak.

4, I can still learn more but I also know more than basic.

I want to add the function to copy Channels, beacouse its very Complicated to make every time a new channel

Sorry for my bad englisch but i am from germany. ^^

1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for?

Ans - Since early 2013(8Years+)

Ans - Windows, Android and iOS

Ans - I’m currently a Server Owner and an Active user

Ans - I’d say 4 ish

Ans - To be able to text chat in a server or user-user in a better way(ik this might not be main goal but this addition would be great) rather than the vanilla chat that is available now.
    Maybe custom bots to the server, Add User profiles? : D and add friends tab seperately? Last Seen Activity? there are many more i could think of. haha

Since 2011/12 - at the time of minecraft Beta 1.7.3 - so I guess Client Version 3.0.X ?

Currently Windows 10 (mainly) - Arch Linux (often) - Debian/Ubuntu based Distros (sometimes) - Android (rarely)

Yes, I run my own server (advanced experience)

I would say a 4 because there are still technical areas where I’m inexperienced. Especially when it comes to the client backend and specific exploits. Nevertheless I think I’m well suited as a tester because I can put myself in the shoes of the average user as well as the experienced user. Which is a good connection to the developers and the community.

If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

In addition to the familiar ideas such as screen sharing and app integration with spotify. I would personally like to see a rework of the old rights system. Instead of a hierarchical system, the rights could be set independently of each other. So no overwriting by e.g. client rights > server rights but independent right areas. This would allow more possibilities to be integrated to the server.

It would also be time to make documentation available. By now, the community has so much knowledge in the technical area. This way we could encourage more programmers to develop new plugins and helpful tools. Sometimes interesting new things come out that could possibly be integrated into the client later.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read it. I would be happy about a positive response. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Primarily Linux/Manjaro/Gnome/Wayland
    Secondary Windows 10 Insider
    Third MacOs latest
    Fourth iPhone latest

Im an server owner (squeezey.eu).

4,5 I dev our bot with the brand new api
    Also i reported a few important bugs here. Im really used to teamspeak at special ts5.

Screenshare because some of us use it daily and its very useful.

2 Likes

Hello,
i’m absolutly interessted for the Alpha program.

i use teamspeak since more as 10 years and i hat the last NPL License for Teamspeak 2. i’m really interested for this and i love teamspeak absolutly.

my OS are Windows 10 64 bit and Linux mint 64 bit

i’m a Server Owner and i’ve rights on some big Servers. so i’m rly active and i use teamspeak 5 every day and minute.

my technical knowledge on ts is a stable 5

i would add a Videoconference option. i mean Matrix can use Voice Calls and Video-Calls so why not teamspeak. and why? all Voice platforms like skype, discord and what ever can video-calls why not teamspeak.

Teamspeak is better as all these and it’s time for this.

1. For atleast 6 years
  2. W10 Pro
  3. I’m active user, admin on a medium sized server
  4. 4 because I’m still inexperienced in some areas
  5. For TS3 it’ll be picture sharing, file sharing etc., but I know it’s coming in the future on TS5
    I’m ofcourse TS5 Beta tester

I think since 2012
Windows10 mainly,
MacOS BigSure, Ubuntu20.04 and Mint
I am just active user
Sending images (memes) it would be very usefull

I’ve been using teamspeak since the teamspeak 2 version.

I am currently using Microsoft Windows 10 and ArchLinux as the main Operating Systems.
I also use CentOS and Ubunto for servers.

I am a server manager for a community with about 200 active members daily.

Between 3 and 4. Mostly because I still have difficulties with the Query server system

An integrated calendar system with alerts for a given task.

*Finally I have a chance to be an alpha tester *

I use TeamSpeak since 2014, more exactly TeamSpeak 3 and a dedicated user.

I’m currently using Windows 10.

I’m an active user and soon a server owner!

Totally 4-5 I’m making Teamspeak permissions since 2020 I’m a rookie but I am resourceful

It would be interesting to add a tutorial when you install TeamSpeak 3 or 5 on your PC/Laptop etc. to ask if you want a beginner tutorial like how to connect, make an identity, change the name, bookmark a server.

I would love to test alpha releases!

1. I probably used TeamSpeak for the past 12 years.

2. I am currently using Windows 10. But could also test the Android version if there are any plans for a client on there.

3. I used to own a server but still am an active user using TeamSpeak daily.

4. I think I would score a 4 out of 5 as I am missing some technical skills but can troubleshoot a lot of the issues people might have with TeamSpeak.

5. When someone posts a link, I would love TeamSpeak to display what the link/website are about. There are a lot of things TeamSpeak could learn from Discord in my opinion. LIke the landing page when you join a server. Links to join a server and friends lists to invite others to the server one is on while still making sure nobody can bypass a password.

I would be so happy to apply to test future releases!

**Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)**

I use Teamspeak3 now for nearly 4 years, and I am a constant user on a nearly daily basis.

**What OS/OS’s are you currently using?**

Windows 10, and on Phone - Android 8

**Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?**

I am an active user on a friend’s server.

**On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?**

I think 2. I just use it, but never coded something, or ran a server.

Video sharing would be great! It would give us a chance to stream for friends, without using other softwares. And Screen sharing!

Hello everyone

I discovered teamspeak in 2017.
I use windows exclusively
I have my own server
I have enough knowledge to manage the servers. I’m very eager to be part of the alpha test

good luck to all

1. Since 2012

2. Windows 10

3. Yes i own a public community server. I am active almost every night (playing games and chatting to friends)

4. 3, my technical knowledge of TS extends about as far as understanding the permission system and running a TS server.

5. Video conference and screen-sharing, I have many meetings over TS and these would be a welcomed feature

I would love the permission system to be expanded upon too. For example, in addition to value power based permissions we could go a bit more specific allowing only a specific server group to access something regardless of what their power value is, maybe making use the server group IDs?