Alpha Testing?

Hello everyone!

We are now looking to increase the ranks within our Alpha testing group for the new TeamSpeak client.

Overall, we’re looking for all kinds of users, from the biggest TS veterans to the TS rookies to form an overall balance within the group and so multiple perspectives can be voiced in relation to the things we’re working on/will be working on.

This is quite important as you will gain access to test our updates before this goes out as a beta release to the masses, so we are looking for active individuals to join the group so then things can be addressed quickly that may require tweaking/changing/testing etc.

I do also have to stress that you can not share anything that is taking place in the Alpha environment (we’ll go into more details about this if you are chosen to join the group).

As I mentioned previously, we are looking for a mixed group of individuals, so if you are interested in becoming an Alpha tester, if you reply to this post, can you also answer the following questions:

1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

2. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Remember, like I said before, we’re looking for a mixture of people so please be as honest as possible in your responses as we want a fair balance for the group.

I’ll be leaving this post open for awhile just to allow people the chance to register their interest and then we’ll be in touch if you were a lucky applicant :slight_smile:

Thanks

Additional note: A few people have asked: “how will we notify the lucky participants”?

It won’t be by email so you don’t need to check this, the team will reach out to those individuals via DM on the forums, the beta itself or on our social channels if we recognise you.

168 Likes

I would love to apply to test releases!

Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

Since 2006, TeamSpeak 2, and a constant user the whole time.

What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Currently using Windows 10 mainly, but I can test on Linux (Ubuntu) for the desktop. All my servers run CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 20.04 if you’re also looking to test server releases.

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Server owner and active user, with users who would also be willing to test.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

5, I would hope so after 15 years! I’ve coded numerous extensions for the servers I own and am very familiar with the Server Query system.

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

My most wanted feature is the ability to expand links posted in the chat, like the way Telegram/Slack does it, purely so I can easily see what people are posting at a glance. My second choice would be a web client, not for myself but because it will make TeamSpeak more accessible to people.

2 Likes

• Since 2013

• Mac OS, IOS & Windows 10

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

• Server owner & active user.

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

• 4 - Have my own server, all use advanced permissions.

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

• Free servers for all, screen sharing & video sharing.
1 Like
  1. 5/6 years?
  2. Windows 10
  3. Active user
  4. 2
    5.Screen sharing

Since 2015

Currently, I’m using windows.

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I’m a server owner and an active user.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

I think I would say 4.

I have been using TeamSpeak since 2012.

1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows/mac os

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I’m currently a server owner and an active user.

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Screen sharing. Server based so we can use our server bandwidth. Everyone in my ts server is using third party program to screen share. That would be great.

I use it since 2017’s winter.

Im using Windows 10, iOS and Android.

I used to have a server, but now i’m just an user.

About 4, i know so many things about Teamspeak.

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
I suggesting the applications integrations, like Spotify, Twitch.

1 Like

Since 2017 using TeamSpeak 3

Windows 10

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I own a server and i am active user, using teamspeak everyday 5 hours plus.

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Have my own server, all use advanced permissions, i would say a 4.

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

I guess i would say free servers.

1. One year and a half
  2. Windows 10 x64
  3. I don’t have a server, i’m an active user.
  4. 3 medium
    TS3 since 2013
    Win10
    I am a server owner (30+ users/day)
    A preview of sent links would be nice - like picture previews or a sneak peak into the content behind the link

Greetings,
Rony

1. I’ve been using TS3 since 2013.
  2. Currently using TS on Android, macOS and Windows 10.
  3. I am currently hosting a small server that I use on a daily basis.
  4. I would say my knowledge is a solid 4-5, I’ve used pretty much all the features TS has to offer barring the SDK, hosted my own servers and have been working with advanced permissions for a long time.
  5. I would definitely add a way to stream video and make file sharing less clunky, so I don’t have to have discord running in the background all the time.
1 Like
    TeamSpeak 3, 2017/16?

Windows 10

I am a server owner of one TeamSpeak, but I am also on the road on others.

3-4

Custom emojis, but that you can use them for free everywhere. And not have to buy something extra that you can.

SInce 2014, never tought about switching to anything else because of the simplicity!

GNU/Linux Pop!_OS 20.10

I am running my own teamspeak server and with my friends use teamspeak daily, so also a very active user.

On teamspeak it self my knowledge ist huge, i have made soundpacks in the past and know how to use the permission system. Also have been working plugins before but never released any. Would say about a 4, maybe a 5.

Offcourse a lot of people would love to see screenshare and I would also really like to see such a feature. For me teamspeak already has almoste everything i desire and i have been using the teamspeak 5 beta for months now.

Since 2012

Win 10 Home

Hosting my own Servers since 2015

about 4

Screen sharing

I’m really interested in becoming Alpha Tester since i use Teamspeak 3 since 5 years i think. And since 1 year I am also using the beta version of it. I have Windows 10 as OS. I am a really active admin (but not owner) on a small server. I would give my teamspeak knowledge a solid 4 since i got a good idea how ranks work but i never had to play around with these settings. If i got an opportunity to add something i would probably choose video chat function

Hi I‘m Paul

1. I‘m using TeamSpeak since 2012 for many hours daily
  2. I‘m using Windows 10
  3. I have my own little Community TeamSpeak Server since 2014. avg Users 15-20 and max connected on weekends are 32
  4. I understand the permissions and Server editing stuff, created and edited my own server. So I would say a 4.
  5. I would love to see a Calendar Feature in TeamSpeak. I don‘t know how to implement it but for planing and running Events in a Community it could be a great addition. Maybe even with event reminders for specific Server groups
2 Likes

• Since 4 years (I don’t know the version exactly)

• Windows, Linux, Android

• Teamspeak server owner (2 servers), active user, bot developer

• 5 (development 3)

• The function to add friends (TS5 feature)
  • Server Query update, because currently normal users are not able anymore to get this rank and I think there should be an option to inspect the own server anonymously

1- 10 years
2- Windows
3- server owner and active user
4- 3~4
5- an easy way to manage my server on a website, with the possibility to add staff members with permissions…

Since 5 years, i guess.

I’m mostly using Windows 10, but I also have a Linux notebook.

I’m just an active TS user.

** 4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?**

I would like to have a better chat system and a possibility to add friends.

1 Like
    • Since 2013 I think
    • Windows & MacOS
    • mixture of prior
    • 4 I would say
    • Screen transfer would be something useful