Audio doesn't work when I run TS (without capture device)

I already did it with my monitor speakers and the problem stays.

We are running out of ideas.
What could be is that your client database is broken. We had that case before.

Could you try that with a clean settings.db?

1. Make sure you know your myTS login data and have a recovery key ready for that account (or create a new on in account page in case you did not save the old one!).
  2. Open %AppData%\TeamSpeak\Default and then rename the settings.db
  3. Start the client and login
  4. See if that fixes your issue
2 Likes

I had W10 installed some weeks ago and had the same problem. Now, with W11, with a fresh installation (so I reinstalled TS client) nothing is changed.

NVM, I just tried what you said but… same problem. :pensive:

I finally can reproduce this on Windows 10 and 11.

From my point of view:
The problem is that you do not seem to have an Capture Device or at least it can not be found.
Then the client does not open the audio stream.

Do you have any Capture device connected?

Note This is a bug we have in our tracker but there is no fix available.

3 Likes

Unfortunately not.

Oh, but on TS3 I don’t have this problem. :thinking:

Then you may add one? What you could do is to enable stereo mix as a capture device. Don’t know if that works without using the right driver as you do.

BUT ACTIVATE PTT WITHOUT SETTING A HOTKEY OR ELSE YOU WILL SEND ECHO AND ALL SOUNDS FROM YOUR COMPUTER

TS3 is not TS5. But doesn’t mean we leave it that way.

1 Like

With earphones i can’t have both speakers and microphone activated. Only 1 of them. And i can’t even buy a splitter cos Apple earpods have a different standard (so a splitter doesnt work with apple).

EDIT: I just downloaded a realtek driver for stereo mix (and i set it as default capture device) and now everything works fine.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

Thanks for your help!