Audio Sync Issues with recording

Hi all,

I have an interesting problem. I use TeamSpeak to record podcasts and to get the cleanest audio I get everyone to do a multitrack recording then send me their track so that I can sync them up to do the edit so all recordings happen on the same version of TeamSpeak and everyone is using Windows. A problem I’m having is that there is a weird drift between my version of their track and the clean one they send me:

In the above example the top track is my version and the bottom one is theirs. As you can see the first block is lined up and the second block isn’t for reasons I can’t figure out. The next image shows what happens on the tracks after I fix it:

As you can see the bottom track drifts further because I’ve moved the audio earlier in the timeline. What I have to keep doing is going through the entire track and manually fixing it until it all lines up which is very time-consuming. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

There is a known issue where own recordings with silence at the end or beginning are cut.

The only thing you can do for now is to move the recordings (as you described).

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me. Is there a reason why it seems to do it so selectively?

It isn’t happening for me at the beginning/end of the track, it’s happening throughout