Ban made by the server for no valid reason

Hello,

Recently the user named “Bobi42” was banned from my TS server automatically on 2020-12-13 at 12:24:23. I cannot understand which element triggered this ban.

• The server addresse is “ts3.etrebil-phanom.fr”.
  • The licence is on attachements.
  • The operating system configuration for the server is : Debian GNU/Linux 8.11 (jessie)

As you can see in the logs the user “Bobi42” logged in on 2020-12-13 at 11:27:35 with the IP address: “37.172.17.238”. It therefore remained connected 1 hour before being automatically banned by the server on 2020-12-13 at 12:24:23 for no reason. I confirm that an IP, neither UUID and username is in the server ban list. This list is available in the attachments.

Complaints are configured to stay no longer than 0 seconds. I have no complaints in the server logs. So the ban did not come about because of complaints. The configuration for complaints system on the server is available on attachement.

The antiflood configuration of the server is present in the attachments, but no log shows that it is at the origin of the ban of “Bobi42”.

This is the message on logs for the ban : “2020-12-13 12:24:23.962347|INFO |VirtualServerBase|1 |client disconnected ‘Bobi42’(id:444) reason ‘invokerid=0 invokername=server reasonmsg bantime=0’”

I would like to understand the reason for this ban if it is possible.

ll of attachements ar available on this WeTranfer link : [WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free]
Thibaut GARON.

Hello everyone,

A smal UP for this post. If you have an idea please explain this.

Thanks you very much.
Have a nice day.

Well, please, just please, don’t ‘up’ your topics. If no one answers your question…

…then maybe no one knows a solid answer to that or their answer would not be satisfying.

The topic does not match what your post does tell us.
It’s not for no valid reason. You gave us the reason.

You set the ban time for complaints to 0 second and this creates a ban that is infinite when a user got banned due the complaints.

Right setup is to set every groups i_client_needed_complain_power to a high level when you do not want that anyone can complain.

5 Likes

Hello,

Thanks you very much for your answer.

Hmm yes, I understand your explanation, but on the log I don’t see any line indicating that this is a complaint for the ban.

no complaint was created 1 month before this suspicious ban. Any other ideas ?

Ah yes it’s not necessary :wink:

Have a nice day and thank you for the recall.