[BUG] Invalid Audio Profiles after Windows Update

I have to fix my audio profiles in TeamSpeak after every major Windows update.
It’s such a pain in the …

ts3client_win64_UEDB9mHDoR

2 Likes

But that’s not a bug. A new device identifier will be used each time Windows decides to update/re install drivers. So you may use default device and setup to use your device as default.

So for the client it will be a new device. We changed that in an upcoming update, but with virtual devices the magic won’t help.

1 Like

It’s not a bug for you :upside_down_face:
I don’t have virtual devices but it still doesn’t work… maybe only considered in TS5?
If the device ID no longer exists but new devices are found, then matching by name would be an idea?

It’s no bug. Client was build to check for that ID and in case it changed it is another device.

means it is not yet available for ts3

1 Like

Well, it still does not work the way you imply.
If “Input A” it is recognized as a new device, I should be able to select the new and the old device separately in the settings, but I can’t. There is only one “Input A”.
If I now try to change the settings for “Input A” in Teamspeak it won’t save them.

What should be happening is that the user should see “Input A (old)” and “Input A (new)” or maybe “Input A” and “Input A(1)” or something of that kind in the settings.
Additionally it should create a new entry in the audio settings database with the new ID in addition to the one with the old ID.

Why should you do that? A lot of people have this problem with every single Windows Update. Your competitors mostly handle it better.
Is your program at fault? Not directly, but indirectly for not handling that situation well.
Does this change only improve the user experience? Yes.

You could also add a button to delete audio settings for unconnected devices for example to clean up old configs if wanted.

Imagine someone with two devices with the same name connected at the same time. What would they do?
Imagine someone using their laptop at home and at work with the same model (but another instance) display or headset plugged in at work and at home. It practically makes Teamspeak absolutely impractical to use for them, having to remake their audio settings from scratch twice a day.

In addition to that, just starting up Teamspeak without a config file or audio settings database, won’t even populate the audio settings with all connected devices at once, but you have to select a single device, change any setting, close Teamspeak and open it again, change another devices and do the same for every single connected audio device.