[Bug-Report] File uppload

Hi! just found a new bug i’m from sweden and just tried to upload a file the my server but realized that if i have å,ä or ö in the file name the ts 5 client just shuts down.

Happy new yeah everyone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Might I ask which server version and how you are uploading the file? I just tested it and for me, it seems to work just fine using both the file picker and drag and drop - at least on a server version v5.0.0-beta14-rc16 and a client version 5.0.0-beta77 on Windows.

Where did u find your server version? i have 3.13.7 the one you can downloads from teamspeaks website

Then it seems to only crash on native TS Servers. I tried it on v5.0.0-beta15-rc2 and it also crashed.

The version @Gamer92000 is using had a different file system than the normal TS Servers. The one I tested on is using the old system again. The never Server versions are in testing phase and not released to public yet.

3 Likes

merged by moderator

5.0.0-beta77
以下英文内容来自百度翻译
The following English content is from Baidu Translate
当我向频道内传输文件的时候,如果文件的名称是中文或者包含中文,软件会闪退崩溃
When I transfer files to the channel, if the file name is Chinese or contains Chinese, the software will crash and crash
但是我把文件名称修改为纯英文或者是纯数字的时候,可以正常上传,可以正常下载
But when I change the file name to pure English or pure numbers, it can be uploaded and downloaded normally
我把上传好的文件(纯英文或者是纯数字),修改成中文,这样不会崩溃
I will modify the uploaded file (pure English or pure numbers) to Chinese so that it will not crash

It seems like all special characters are causing a crash.

很感谢您的回复,我刚刚去做了测试,单独的中文,任意的中文都会导致软件崩溃
Thank you very much for your reply. I just went for a test and found that using Chinese alone can cause the software to crash
例如我把一个16*16的png图片命名为A,是可以上传
当我把这个A改成"微信图片"的时候就会闪退
For example, if I name a 16 * 16 PNG image A, it can be uploaded
When I change this A to “微信图片”, it will flash back

版本: 5.0.0-beta77
内部版本号:1702382332
构建日期:2023/12/12 19:58:52
Chromium 版本:117.0.5938.150

We can reproduce this crash. Thank you for reporting(s).

5 Likes

moved by moderator

unknown_2024.03.17-18.47

The TeamSpeak 3 client does not have this issue.

Version: 5.0.0-beta77

STI 2011 Combat Master - AWF-111-1-0-4-1682158948.rar

This is the name of the file I uploaded. It contains no Chinese characters. I hope it can be fixed soon.

Though I have been told that icon filesize can’t larger than 8kb when I using TS3.
But I still want to try this function in TS5.

It seems that it will crash TS5 when I try to upload an icon for channel no matter if the icon filesize larger than 8kb or not
The icons are png images include the largest image (10kb) and the smallest image(7.5kb)

BTW, could you make the icon filesize less limitation. IDK, maybe 16kb is good for it .
Thanks. slight_smile:

Is it possible that this is the cause of the crash?

You can change your permissions to allow bigger file sizes as icons. So just adjust i_max_icon_filesize to your respective file limit or set it to -1.

3 Likes

I have the same issue and if there’s a non ascii character in path of file it will crash. And I wanted to try the v5 server but I couldn’t find it.

I found that if I download the renamed file the client would crash as well. Is it the problem of client or server?

That issue is caused by the client and will probably be fixed with one of the next updates.