[Bug] Sending just a file without text does not move this chat to own activities

If I write to someone in the PC client, they move up to “activities?” in the left column, at least where the current servers and chats are.

However, if I only send a picture to this contact, the chat does not jump to the top

| Version: 5.0.0-beta77-rc2 • Windows

3 Likes

That’s no a bug. But an improvement that can be done.

Will forward this.

5 Likes

This was fixed already in the beta 77 update.

Or at least can no longer reproduce this there.

6 Likes

For me it is still the case that the chat does not open in the activities.
Is it possible that it is depending on a Setting?

Version: 5.0.0-beta77 and 5.0.0-beta77-rc3

1 Like

its not fixed on my side 5.0.0-beta77 • Windows

1 Like

But that’s the case here for me.
I could reproduce it in the past and haven’t changed any settings since then.

1 Like

@TS.ChrisR I think there might be a misunderstanding. The name of this thread is misleading.
This thread is about the fact that a chat will not be shown in the activity area when sending an image but only when sending a text message. This is not the case in beta 77.

4 Likes

So you might be right but, I think there is some confusion here, my original problem was that the contact didn’t show up in the tab at the top when you sent a picture, but it did when you sent a message. (For yourself)

1 Like

@qeinz Who are you replying to?

And you mean that area? That is what i did read in first posts and last posts and could reproduce (in the past).
grafik

3 Likes

The problem is not that it doesn’t appear on the other end. It does not move to the activity area on the account you are sending the image from.

So in your case chris3 does not get an activity with chrisr

3 Likes

For the sender OMFG. Yes!

Also title changed

5 Likes

Yes exactly :slight_smile:

2 Likes