Cannot Login as serveradmin query. error id=2568

Hey there,

I am unable to login as server admin query on my very own TeamSpeak server.
The error code I get is: error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=13

So my server admin query account does not have the permission on permid=13 and is therefore not able to login.

Any idea on how to fix that?

You removed the permissions for guest queries to login.
If you connect to the query interface, you have not logged in yet and as such are a query guest. Because you denied them the permission to login, you are rejected and cannot login.

You need to restore the server to a previous backup from before you removed that permission from query guests.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Well I havn’t used the query login in years. So I have no idea when the permissions broke.
It’s possible that I will have to restore a very old backup.

Is there any other way to fix that? E.g. by accessing the database directly with a tool and setting the corresponding flag?

Manipulating the server database is not supported

1 Like

That’s not really helpful.

Additionally, I don’t know if I have removed the guest login right, as you stated.
These are the commands I am using:

$ telnet localhost 10011
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
TS3
Welcome to the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery interface, type "help" for a list of commands and "help <command>" for information on a specific command.
login serveradmin 12345678
error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=13
quit
error id=0 msg=ok
Connection closed by foreign host.

The login fails with the right #13 been not set. #13 is b_virtualserver_change_template and it is indeed not set in the permissions table for serveradmin. And it is not present in the Database at all. Isn’t there a chance to just set this permission inside of the sqlite database to make the login work again?

PermID 13 in server 3.11.0 is b_serverquery_login.

permidgetbyname permsid=b_serverquery_login
permsid=b_serverquery_login permid=13
error id=0 msg=ok

Please do not search for the ID on the internet as long the answer isn’t for latest server.
They can change with every server version.

As Chris said before. We do not support manipulation of the database.

ok, I just fixed it.

For someone having the same issue:
If you are still able to open the permissions table within the TeamSpeak client, click on: “Guest Server Query” and search (filter) for “b_serverquery_login”.
There should be a key called “ServerQuery: Login via ServerQuery” --> check the “value” box.

You should now be able to login as serveradmin via query again.

1 Like