Can't install TS5 Client from Microsoft Store (Windows 11)

Hello everyone,

on Twitter it was announced today that the new TeamSpeak client is available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 11.
I tried to install this, however it aborts with an error:

“This app cannot be installed at the moment. Check the library for updates from the Microsoft Store, then try again.”
“An unexpected problem has occurred. - Reporting the problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a while and try again or restart your device. This may fix the problem.
Code: 0x8D050002”

On Twitter, others are reporting this error and there you were asked to describe the problem here.
All updates are already installed. The default TS5 client was uninstalled, PC was restarted.
I am in the closed beta.

Does anyone know this error and knows a solution?
Thanks in advance.

If you a user (you own the Beta Badge) of the TeamSpeak Beta already, there is no need to download it trough the Microsoft Store. It will only help people who are not in the Beta yet to gain access to the Client, even if the chat feature is not avaliable for people without Beta access.

2 Likes

Working fine here on the latest 5.0.0-ms-2 build in the Microsoft Store.
What you could try is, to reset the Store App.

Reset the Store app

1. Open the Microsoft Store app .
  2. Press Windows Key + X and select Run .
  3. Type in wsreset .
  4. A black MS-Dos windows will now appear for a few seconds.
  5. Wait for it to disappear and the Store app will automatically open.

Note : By resetting Windows Store app you won’t lose anything that you previously bought or downloaded. This will only clear the cache and refresh your library.

3 Likes

@LeonMarcelHD
I know I can still download the version from the beta site. I just wanted to try it out because I like to get as many apps as possible from the store.

@Rikku
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have already reset the store via Windows settings.

By the way, this is also a clean installed version of Windows 11. Not an update from Windows 10 and it only happens with the TeamSpeak client. All other apps from the store are working.

is your Microsoft Store Version the latest?
Go to your Library and check if a update is needed. :slight_smile:

Yes, everything is up-to-date :slight_smile:
Microsoft Store Version 22110.1401.3.0

winget install XPDCJ80KGNRVSS
Simply run this in a terminal to install the version from the Microsoft store and get proper error messages.

3 Likes

This command helped me!
I don’t have Windows App Installer installed (so winget wasn’t working).
After installing Windows App Installer I was able to download TeamSpeak from Microsoft Store.

Thank you!

2 Likes