Can't upload a server icon

I could not find a similar issue to mine that has been resolved.

This is the client log for the error:

[0226/233018.294:INFO:CONSOLE(2)] "Uncaught Code: 2565", source: tsui://default/main.js (2)
[0226/233620.990:INFO:CONSOLE(2)] "setServerIconUrlCacheValue: Invalid parameter: iconUrl", source: tsui://default/main.js

The server log has nothing.

What is the server version?
What file type and size is the icon?
Which port is configured for file transfer and is that port properly set up on the server (forwarding, firewall, etc)?
Do you have the permission to upload icons?

I am the admin so having permissions should not be an issue. File is .jpg 135x135 at 13.7kb. Server version is latest, I downloaded it same day as posting. It is a brand new Windows 64-bit 3.13.7 server. Where do you check port configuration?? I am connecting to the server via localhost, so I doubt forwarding is necessary.

The error handling is a bit… lackluster.
This “info” is expected even when the upload is successful.

[0226/233620.990:INFO:CONSOLE(2)] "setServerIconUrlCacheValue: Invalid parameter: iconUrl", source: tsui://default/main.js

The error code 2565 shows that something went wrong. In your case the problem will most likely be the size or resolution. I don’t know the default limits from the top of my head. The easiest - and always my recommended - solution is to use SVGs instead of raster images.

2 Likes

I get the exact same error:

[0229/151353.678:INFO:CONSOLE(2)] "Uncaught Code: 2565", source: tsui://default/main.js (2)

when uploading a .svg file

The default permission for SERVER ADMIN for icon file size is 8kb!! Why is it so unrealistically small? Default for admin should be unlimited. Also an error message saying “File size too large, permission size set at 8kb” would help hours of troubleshooting for new admins.

1 Like