Channel that will have different name in chat after joining or leaving

Hello, I dunno if it is even possible, but could I somehow create a channel, with name for example ‘Lobby’, however the chat will say different name after joining it? For example 'You switched from channel “AFK” to “Main room” ', where ‘Main room’ stands for ‘Lobby’?

Nope, the client shows the current channel name and links the name to the channel (in the chat) for fast switching.

The only solution you have would be to rename channels after a client has joined them which makes obviously no sense.

Why would you even need this?
Do you have an example with an useful case?

Uhm, I wanted to create some kind of a secret room, where no one would see me, and no one could join it (which is easy to do), and I wanted to make it even more secret (or secured), that no one would even know I went there by reading the chat message.

Well you can’t hide the events to be published but you could change the channel permissions.

E.g. if people can’t subscribe the channel they will not see you if you’re in the channel.

The published event “client xxx has joined channel xxx” will be available only for clients who are currently in the server atm you’re joining the channel.

Yes, I know that. There’s some story behind that, I don’t wanna do just this lol. However it’s enough for me. Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

Another idea is to use a different identity to join the server with a different client name, too.

I don’t think I’ll have to do that.

Alright, I guess there’s nothing else you can do.

You could disable the messages in your client to not publish them to yourself.

Don’t open this.

Just joking… :upside_down_face:

twitch instagram twitter facebook