Client SDK, run on Normal Server

Hi there,

im planning to code an TS3 bot with the TEAMSPEAK 3 SDK 3.0.4.4 (Normal C not C#).
But i can only connect them to SDK Servers and not normal servers.
Is there any way to connect them to normal servers?
(I can’t use the Server Querys, because i need features that they don’t provide)

Thanks for your answer

I have not yet worked with this sdk. However afaik this is exactly the intended behavior.

Thanks for your quick reply, but im kinda sure that there has to be a way to “deploy” it for a normal use.

Ok, yes. The sdk should work just fine. Where did you download it?
nvm - you are using the publically available one. I guess this one is just outdated and you have to go there TeamSpeak Downloads | TeamSpeak to get a current version.
So you probably can’t join a server because the client version is too old.

I didn’t use the link on the top, I filled out the forms and downloaded it from this link: https://teamspeak.com/en/sdkdl/#sdk (TEAMSPEAK 3 SDK 3.0.4.4)
But i have no idea if that is the current version

AFAIK the way other bots like SinusBot do it, is they run a regular teamspeak instance headless.
No idea how (maybe there is way to just “swallow” the interface, I don’t know), with the functionality provided as regular client plugins.

Thanks for your answer, but I think that the SDK can do “bot stuff” too. (Playing music, listening to clients, …).
Just my problem is that im not able to get it onto a normal Teamspeak Server, i am only able to get it on SDK Servers. (From older forum post I found this: TeamSpeak - Official TeamSpeak Community Forum)
Tomorrow I will try to get in contact with the Teamspeak Support or the SDK creator for more information on this. Maybe they can help me with this issue.

It’s just not possible to use in a normal server.

So it isn’t possible to programm a bot with the client sdk, for your normal teamspeak use?
What opportunities do I have then to code my own bot?

Depends on what you need.
If the bot has to do audio stuff or if it has to be visible like a client to other users, you need to run a client with a fake desktop environment (maybe inside a container) like SinusBot does.

If that is not the case, you can just run the bot as a ServerQuery bot using ssh / telnet / http(s), with which you can still do pretty much everything else. Even if it is events you need, the query provides that. And the only features I can think of right now that the client provides that the query doesn’t, are audio capabilities and that you can just see them like a regular client.

Also, if you don’t want to create your own client-like bot, just make a sinus bot plugin. No idea how that works, but the possibility is there.

1 Like

Hi Whookie,
thanks for your response, but playing audio is exaclty what i need. So I guess I have to do it just like sinusbot did it or write a plugin for sinusbot.
But my question is then why does the client SDK exists ?

client sdk helps you to create plugins for your teamspeak client

Like @Dr_Prepps said, the Plugin SDK is used to create client plugins, the TeamSpeak SDK is used to integrate TeamSpeak into your game (or application?). I have never used the TeamSpeak SDK, but I assume it requires some special server.

The TeamSpeak SDK is not really meant for bots AFAIK, but for things like adding a voice chat into your game.

1 Like

…oh, i see it now :point_up:t3:
From the text what you wrote I think you are maybe using the C# wrapper?
I think you are looking for that: https://github.com/TeamSpeak-Systems/ts3client-pluginsdk/tree/api_24

No, I’ve used the Teamspeak 3 SDK, not the plugin SDK API.
You can download them here: https://teamspeak.com/en/sdkdl/#sdk

frist - this link/version is not up2date
secondly - for a musicbot you need a teamspeak-client ̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶l̶̶i̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶d̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶s̶̶e̶̶l̶̶f̶

This link is the link that Teamspeak gave me when I requested it.
I did use the Client SDK but it only runs on SDK servers that was my problem.