Crash @ Last Update (beta71)

That doesn’t work. Client will go on crashing.
Tested beta 71 with hotkey helper from b70 & internal b71-rc1 up to rc4

Only option is to kill the hotkey helper ;(

5 Likes

Oh, nevermind then. I haven’t had any crashes since I replaced the file but that’s probably a luck then.

By any chance what mouse do you guys use?

Finally i could reproduce this with an older mouse (hammering left and right mouse button).

big tnx for @ImScheinox

5 Likes

I can confirm that some mice are causing the error. Some of my friends and I use the Sharkoon SGM1 (driver installed), TS5 crashs.

Hello TS.ChrisR,

I am currently always dumping all PIDs from TeamSpeak.exe. So far the problem hasn’t recurred.

I use the Roccat Kone Aimo mouse:

We can reproduce this on newer devices as well now.
A fixed version will come.

Hope within the next few days.

9 Likes

I’ve been getting random crashes since updating to 5.0.0-beta71.

I’m seeing the following in my event viewer logs, let me know if there is anything else I can provide:

Faulting application name: TeamSpeak.exe, version: 5.0.0.934, time stamp: 0x638dd3f2
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff6a9
Faulting process id: 0x30a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9101c42f2a252
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak\TeamSpeak.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: dcae4d66-9013-40c8-8107-bb6d5dbef60b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

any new on this or way to go to a previous version? its getting rather annoying being disconnected in the middle of a match while playing.

You can download Beta 70 from their website, but it will automatically download the new update and will update it after restarting it.

Same deal here. Client shuts down randomly at anywhere between 5 minutes to 2 hours. Windows 10. Roccat Tyon mouse with push to talk hotkeyd to it.

Hoping for a fix.

Updated my first post with this.

5 Likes

Mine is crashing as well, seems to be when I am hitting lots of keys… As a temp fix for this until they actually have a fix is I just have a bat file that keeps TS5 running for me if it crashes.

@echo off
:start
start /wait “TeamSpeaker” /d “C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak” “TeamSpeak.exe”
goto start

Doing this makes TS just relaunch when it crashes… I have my server setup to join automatically… Was annoying when you are talking and not know you where not in anymore.

Version: 5.0.0-beta71 , BUILD NUMER: 1670237565

Since the last update teamspeak closes automatically several times a day…

I enter the game and teamspeak closes without any error in the middle of the match!

1 Like

No update yet, are there at least any news when it will come?

Teamspeak 5 will automatically close while I’m playing games without any error popups being given. It will close quietly as I have to double-check. It will close in 5 - 10 mins and TS5 auto will close on me when speaking.

Last night Teamspeak 5 auto closed and my PC froze up. :grimacing:
My 32Gb Ram is one year old on Jan 3rd, 2023.
I did some tests on my memory ram and SSDs to be sure if it was my end.
I found out my hardware checked out to be good.

I’ve done the Windows Memory Diagnostic and I’ve used ATTO Disk Benchmark software for SSDs.

Check if there is a topic similar to yours before you post a problem.

Killing the hotkey_helper sub process does stop the TS5 client from crashing, however, it does stop my Push-To-Talk from working. Nothing corrects the PTT unless I close out TS5 and restart the app, which restarts the hotkey_helper sub process again. :slight_smile:

I can disable PTT after killing the hotkey_helper sub process and continue using voice chat … but … B U T … I don’t want my buddies hearing my wife yell at me in the back ground while Im gaming. Please fix soon. <3

My Mouse

i use this mouse and TS5 only crash if i hit left and right and wasd ingame. if i play normal left clickj only no crash at all

Beta 72 with a fix is available

6 Likes