Nice that everything works, but maybe this will help you create svg icons.
If you’re using Inkscape, try this:
- Create a circle. Doesn’t matter what color, just make a circle.
- When circle is selected, press Control+Shift+R.
- Use Text Tool to put number. Select that and press Control+Alt+T and Control+Alt+H to center text.
- When number is selected, press Control+Shift+C.
- When number is centered, select both circle and number by pressing F1, clicking anywhere on canvas and pressing Control+A (you can also select both objects with mouse by dragging it over both objects after you press F1). After that press Control+Alt+”-”.
- Now you have a circle with cut out number. You can change the color of a circle however you want and no matter what color, said number will be cut out.
If you want your number to have different color than circle and don’t want to have it transparent, after point 4 select number and change it’s color.
Point 4 is the most important! If you create anything with Text Tool, you must use it! Remember this.
After all of this save your image.
I hope I haven’t said anything wrong and said shortcuts are correct, cause I’m writing this from my memory.