|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!

How can I resolve this error? I tried to update and nothing

2020-01-31 09:21:50.049849|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!

The server your are using is outdated. Please download and use the latest version from TeamSpeak Downloads | TeamSpeak

3 Likes

As mentioned you need to update the server. Servers with the Default License file expiration date of today are older than version 3.10.0 (which updates the default license file to 1st of July 2020). I feel this is a method the TS development team used to protect users for un-updated servers that may have security issues for the users. But suggest updating to the current stable.

For information on updating your server please see: Update / Upgrade a TS3 server

2 Likes

Work again :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys, I have a private teamspeak server for a couple of years. For some days I have found it offline and if I try to bring it on I have the following error:
“|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!”

I tried to update and do everything. Can you help me?

I have update to latest version.

2020-07-01 10:14:19.502925|INFO |ServerLibPriv | |TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.11.0 (2020-01-13 08:12:37)
2020-07-01 10:14:19.503963|INFO |ServerLibPriv | |SystemInformation: Linux 4.15.0-101-generic #102-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 11 10:07:26 UTC 2020 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
2020-07-01 10:14:19.504038|INFO |ServerLibPriv | |Using hardware aes
2020-07-01 10:14:19.511647|INFO |DatabaseQuery | |dbPlugin name: SQLite3 plugin, Version 3, ©TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
2020-07-01 10:14:19.511802|INFO |DatabaseQuery | |dbPlugin version: 3.11.1
2020-07-01 10:14:19.519737|INFO |DatabaseQuery | |checking database integrity (may take a while)
2020-07-01 10:14:19.862909|WARNING |Accounting | |Unable to open LICENSE/licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality
2020-07-01 10:14:19.863219|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!

EDIT: precise that gives me this problem even if I try to start a new and clean server just downloaded. solutions?

Hello. I’m french.

I encounter an unexpected problem without anything having happened to my knowledge. My TeamSpeak server has become inaccessible since this morning, while trying to connect I have the basic error without precise explanation.

It is hosted on a dedicated Linux remote (Xubuntu 16.04).
I wanted to restart the server, which I did from the console.

From root account : cd home/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64# ./ts3server_startscript.sh restart

Here is what I see next:

The server starts but stops immediately to make room for a critical error:
“Failed generating throw away license!”

What is this error, how to fix it?

Thank you.

Mettre à jour mon serveur signifie qu’il faut le réinstaller, et je ne sais pas vraiment comment faire tout cela. Je passe par Putty pour les commandes sur Ubuntu.

Please stay with english on that forum.

This give you a step by step guide. You must have access to the file system of the server.

1 Like

Hello.
I updated the server by uninstalling the folder and installing a new one with the new version in a folder in home named “ts3s”. But at the time of launch, always the same error:
Screenshot_55.png

I finally succeeded. Thank you.

Hey I was running a unlicensed ts for years and my last 2 years was running it on gcp with a docker restart in case of fail. Yesterday the TS I run was not accepting new connections while some users still connected then after they disconnected no one can able to connect I just restart the docker and it keeps restarting nonstop. Checked the logs it was a licence issue. It wasn’t recognizing the licence which was a free licence. As a dev ops I have a lot issues for recent weeks because of some general regional internet issues so I just change to official docker image for ts I wish I put my time and find the actual issue but I can suggest doing the same for solving yours.

• The default license has a time limitation but this is hard coded in the server itself and not in a separate license file.
  • The server does not need to talk with accounting for the shutdown in case it uses our default license.
  • Se reply 1.
  • Mostly right.

In server 3.13.0 (and newer) the message will be changed a bit to make clear what to do next. It’s not the first time that user do not seem to try to update the server in first place.

Failed loading default license file! Please update your server to the latest version to use the default license.

2 Likes

I already googled everything imaginable. I updated the server, doesn’t work.

The only thing that worked, I unpacked the newly downloaded ts3 version into a different location and then started the start script. That worked. But when I try to insert my old ts3server.sqlite database, I get the same error on startup. When I update as you should, just by downloading the newest version and then unpacking it into the old folder it doesn’t work.

I have no license.

Just updating the server should be all you need.
Worked fine for my 3 servers that stopped today.

Okay, I hate my life. I copied the link as I should. Seems like Teamspeak published a new update in the meantime.

moved and merged by moderator

I want to use Docker to build a TS server on my own nas for myself and friends only. How can I get a free license? I can’t find licensekey.dat now

2023-03-10 10:19:32.243477|CRITICAL|Accounting | |The default license has expired. Please use the latest server version.
2023-03-10 10:19:32.243331|WARNING |Accounting | |Unable to open licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality

You are using an outdated server.

You must install latest or at least 3.13.7 to use the default license.

2 Likes

thx XD