Default device doesn't change in client, when changed in Windows

Open the client settings and there you select the listed device instead of Default.

1 Like

and win11 cant change device that TS will use ? (only that default one)

Windows will only change it, when

1. In client the Default device is set
  2. In Windows the flag for default communication device was set on another device

Please don’t ask for any way to get what you want. There is no maybe or grey zone to make it possible.
Only when default communication device was changed on Windows was and will be the answer.

As @Gamer92000 described it in first reply in this forum thread.
We are a communication software, so the flag is the right one to listen to.

4 Likes

And what if you’ll add a second default device option? So that the user can decide which one they wanna use?

can i ask to add hotkeys to switch TS devices to avoid spend time to get to settings etc ?

Sorry forum doesn’t offer :-1:
Having 4 kind of default devices is definitely not confusing. Not as it is already on Windows…

@jabiy
Maybe in the future

1 Like

moved by moderator

Sometimes I use a soundcard, sometimes I use my headphones for playback. With my Streamdeck (and with Windows itself) I can easily switch my default audio device.

Example: I play a Youtube video or any music on the computer and I switch the default audio device, the playback runs where it should.

TS does not react on that change (when the standard device is set as default). I always have to change it manually in the settings which is really really annoying. So I tried the latest TS5 client and it sucks as well.

TS uses the default communication device which is a bit more hidden in the windows settings. It may be possible that you can also change the default communication device with your Stream Deck plugin.

Thank you, that is appropriate information. Win Tools Bar Raider plugin does support that.

It would be nice if TS would name that as “Default communcation device”.

1 Like