Do not get any update

I’m running Teamspeak 5.0.0-beta45.2 on Windows 10 - 64bit and wantet do update to newest version (now beta 47).

The client didn’t give me a notifikation an update is avaliable. So i tried “Settings > About > Check for Updates” but it tells me “TeamSpeak is up-to-date”. Then i tried to uninstall and re - install, but still got the beta45 Client.

Any Idea what i can do to get the Updates shown / installed?

Thanks

Seems that the client can not resolve the domain update.teamspeak.com
Make sure your device and network can reach it.

3 Likes

I tried to ping the domain update.teamspeak.com:

C:\Users\chris>ping update.teamspeak.com

Ping wird ausgeführt für update.teamspeak.com [127.0.0.1] mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=128

Ping-Statistik für 127.0.0.1:
Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0
(0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Mittelwert = 0ms

C:\Users\chris>

Then i tried to stop my firewall to get sure, TeamSpeak isn’t blocked by it. But it’s still not showing any Updates.

So you told your system not to reach update.teamspeak.com and this is why you do not reach update.teamspeak.com.

Remove that and other TemSpeak related entries from your host file and you are fine again.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help. That was it.

If anyone else has this problem and doesn’t know where to find the host file:
(you have to edit the file with admin permissions)

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

I’m on 5.0.0-beta48 and the latest version available is 5.0.0-beta49, but if I try and check for updates on the ts5 client it says there is none. Is it normal? Do I always have to update it manually?

No it is not. Maybe wait for the next update and see if it fixes it. Otherwise you need to reinstall TeamSpeak and see if that helps.

I already reinstalled it once (some versions ago) hoping it would have fixed the issue, but unfortunately it looks like it’s still here :c
Edit: Reinstalling again now anyway.

Same for you.

5 Likes

Thanks. it works now by removing “127.0.0.1 update.teamspeak.com” from the hosts file.
Please forgive me for making this post, I couldn’t find the first one.

You are forgiven.

7 Likes