Enable PTT Sound

Hello,

In TS5 is there a way to enable the push to talk sound? Similar to how there was one in ts3?

Yes. Under settings in the Audio tab.
There you can enable it and set a hotkey and choose if VAD also is used (you should enable both)

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t think I worded my first question clearly. In teamspeak 3 you could have sound files play on mouse click and release (files were called mic_click_on and mic_click_off). Is there a similar functionality in TS5?

You mean a Soundboard?

The feature that is mentioned in this thread.

I cannot set a single button push to talk for my joystick. It always adds an additional mouse or keyboard combination hotkey when I try to apply and set just ONE button. There is no Audio tab in my TS3 with a “settings” anywhere in my TS3 client GUI, only Playback and Capture (where the microphone setup is located). This frustrating as I only want to use ONE button hotkeys for my commo in flightsims, not multiple keys just to communicate and the older Teamspeak clients were easy to use with good manuals to help.

i’m not sure what this has to do with this thread.

bump because this feature not being implemented makes ts5 unusable for me.

why do you want to have sound when you press a button that is obvious ^^
But seriously, In my opinion this would be a little bit annoying.

We understand that such feature is for comfort for users who want to know when they speak.
But unusable is harsh? You press the button you did choose and your audio input is send.

5 Likes

which is why it’s an opt in option (like it is in ts3)

I like positive confirmation that my PTT is working, for ts3 i use the old ventrilo ptt sounds and it works perfectly for my needs. Unfortunately for me this is a big feature, even discord has an audio cue on PTT.

TeamSpeak doesn’t want exactly to rebuild TeamSpeak 3 in TeamSpeak 5. Its a seperated Client which has should not be a 1 by 1 copy to each other.

I think it would be a great feature to add, I also like the confirmation that the PTT is activated, I know sometimes the PTT can stay on even if the button is not pressed. That is why I like the confirmation that it is now off.

1 Like

This is a feature that is an accessiblity thing and even discord has a checkbox for it. It’s an easy feature to implement and does nothing negative to a user that does not need it.

1 Like

So is this a feature that is being worked on, or at least discussed? I to like a PTT on and off sound as I do not use the voice activation feature

1 Like

I also really want this feature. I’ve used this feature for so long that hearing the tiny click/bump when I que up is second nature. Not having it feels like TS5 isn’t enabling my mic when I want to talk.

1 Like

Genuinely don’t understand why this feature can’t be implemented.

This feature doesn’t make TS5 “unusable” for me but I like when I have the option to turn on/off.

1 Like

It’s extremely important for people with disabilities that need feedback for whether or not their PTT is active.