Have problems/delay on my server

Is it possible to add me at TeamSpeak 5 to discuss some issues on the server software. I have an server with more than 1000 users and each action like switching channel, muting/unmuting headphones is delayed for about 10 seconds.

3 Likes

Can you please give us more details about the server itself?
Is it only happening when these much users are on it?
What type of database is this?
what happens after a server restart?
Etc.

The questions Sven and or Muhchy had before (i guess)

3 Likes

It*s happening when more than 800 users are on it with small delays of 1-2 seconds.
When I restart the server there will be huge connection issues because the server is not able to process all new client connections.

2 Likes

What server specs are you running this server on?

1 Like

It’s an software issue and not an hardware issue. Sven confirmed this.

2 Likes

it is not possible that the data traffic is too high and this causes the delay?

1 Like

sounds like you maxxed out your connection speed on your sytemand network card might need to look at 10 gig nic cards 1 mb per user if u got 1000 users

1 Like

I had this when there was not enough hardware capacity and a 100Mbit channel, there were delays in user connections. And how to expand the capacity + installed server SSDs and increased the channel to 1 Gbit, the server calmly withstood the load of 1000+ users. It’s worth all the same with iron to see what. And how does the server maintain the database through mariaDB or locally?

3 Likes

Still doesn’t eliminate the possibility, you should really tell them what hardware you’re hosting it on, what connection it has access to, database format etc. Just going Sven said so doesn’t mean it’s not hardware or connection related too.

2 Likes

Pepz calm. Sven was also in contact with our server dev and the analyzed it before.

But yes my question remains. I do not have any of the details that has ben discussed before since i was not involved.

6 Likes

@TS.ChrisR contact me via TS and we can discuss further details.

1 Like

Is there any interest at all in fixing the problem here? We still can’t allow 1200 people with our license for our purpose without massive delays. All command packets run over one thread and this is permanently at 100% and the whole server is lagging behind.

1 Like