Hidden flags

Uh I’m trying to make this thing on my server, so if anyone knows how to do it i’ll be glad

so basically there are no flags shown for any client?

It is the same for every client

This cannot be changed as a permission.
This is purely a client setting.

1 Like

You are talking pure nonsense

I have it enabled

Just figurated out that server probably runs some proxy cause when I checked to see my own ip this is what I see

perms are set right dont worry but ye I already sorted this out

Just to make everything clear here…

1. This has nothing to do with your TS3 client.
  2. This is also not related with your permission system.

Hosting or Proxy IP addresses are mostly having the same problem, that there’s no country flag resolved for some reasons. Mostly, because the (proxy) server isn’t really sorted out because of this location, or the current datacenter. This happens many times when a client connects through another server (proxy) or when you directly connect with an localhost to this server.

To clarify your problem… you cannot directly disable the country flag on every client on your server. You need to force your user/client to connect during an proxy which is NOT sorted out, so where no flag is known to the client.

This is possible with an pre-routing.
Here below, I’ve made an little overview, how this basic’s work.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport <port> -j DNAT --to-destination <server-IP>:<port>
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 30033 -j DNAT --to-destination <server-IP>:30033
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE

You can basically pre-route everything via Linux IPtables from your main server, to an proxy server which should be leading back to the main-server, which is basically use as your TeamSpeak server.

BUT… You need to deal with it, that the (client-remote) IP addresses from your clients (which joined through the proxy) will get changed automatically to your (proxy) server IP address.

And note, that only IP2Location is able to change location’s from any IP addresses, so basically to change flags to other countries. Also, it’s because of the poor IP2Location Database, that these flags are still hidden, because they don’t really registed hosting or proxy IP addresses into the client section, for some reasons. That’s also, why I’d wanna personally to get rid of IP2Location, and switch to MaxMind which is a better software & GEO location tool. There’s also a good forum thread about it.

Well I hope this helped you out, for quite a while…

2 Likes

To make it simple, you need two machines, the first one serves as the recipient of all incoming connections to the TS server (a public network card & a private one for internal communication), the second machine as the actual host of the TS server (unfortunately one is needed public & private IP, because of Accounting2 etc.), you link both machines with an internal out of public ip address and then only route the traffic accordingly, see MCG’s post above me.

Private IP-Ranges: 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 or 192.168.0.0/16

1 Like

No I was not. You question was just not phrased in fully understandable English.

This question is not really about TeamSpeak but networking in general. But I suppose the off topic part is suited for this.

There is no need for 2 machines. As @MCG said internal routing works just fine.
I see 3 more or less easy ways to achieve this.

• Use IPtables to do an internal routing
  • Use a reverse proxy (this can also be used to hide the servers real IP as you can run it on any other host)
  • Use the TeamSpeak docker container. By default it is set to be proxied through the docker-proxy.

I personally thing using docker is the simplest and easiest solution as it also provides the simplest method of updating the server.

2 Likes

Nice IP Address

its proxy ip lad

i know buddy

what the point of saying that :smiley: