How do I get a new recovery key? // My Badges are not shown in client

good evening, I recently returned with my ts account from a new pc and asked me to enter the backup key. I wanted to ask where I could get it since I can’t find it in my email. Thanks

There is no backup, in case you did not make one.

There was a dialog in the client when you logged the first time.
The dialog where the key was shown told you to save/store it somewhere.

A few days ago I changed the password for myTeamspeak and a short time later all rights and data were gone. Even the saved TS³ servers.
Reconnecting to myTeamspeak was not successful either.

1 Like

Resetting your password will remove all your existing myTeamSpeak customizations from your clients unless you have your Recovery Key backed up.

1 Like

I have the problem I have lost from my recovery key but do I have the data from my phone since my favorites are all still on it just on my ts3 possibility on the PC are all away there is one that somehow transfer data from the phone on the PC ? would have liked my whole favorites again

1 Like

Following how to can be done on any TS3 client (PC, Android or iOS)

What you could try is to run the pc client again (or any other device) in case it still has your data

Run that client without a connection to the internet!

Now drag & drop all your favorites, identities etc. to the local area (can also be done via right-click on items).
Now connect to the internet again and login with your new password or do the fallback.
Now you can put them back into synchronized area.
This time make sure you have stored your recovery key! You can generate a new one under settings - options - myTeamSpeak

6 Likes

but how is it going from the mobile phone???

Drag and Drop the Bookmark or Identity to the Local area on the bottom. As explained.
On iOS you need to pres the edit button first.

6 Likes

I have an android

thank you have managed many thanks

Ok, so i originally had 2 Accounts. With one being my main and my second being a backup, so i kinda forgot my recovery keys for both of the accounts, so i cannot recover anything, same goes with my passwords, since i cant remember my password i cant get a new key, any suggestions? maybe TS Support peeps could bypass, the bypassers and help me a lil xD

Well, nope.
TeamSpeak is secure.
This unfortunately means that there is no way of decrypting your data without the password or recovery key. If you did not change the password yet you can just keep on trying.
Also if you are still logged in and have the account on a system you could export all synchronized data to a backup and then restore it after a fallback.

1 Like

Everya time, I start teamspeak, this notification pops up, when I click on it, it wants recovery key.
That is something, I did not knew. bit of google, on “myTeamSpeak” found “New Recovery Key” - entered password, got a lots of symbols. I copied that, pasteed that to that notification, where it wants recovery key.
From that, I get “Failed to restore recovery key” - what to do with it now? And why is it even doing? Everything works when I just ignore it… :smiley:

Have you by any accident changed password to myTS account (as it looks like you did)? This message appears when you do so and it wants a recovery key you were provided with on your first login.

Just pasting any recovery key wouldn’t help.

so, because I at same point changed password, I can no longer get that recovery key? So this will pop up every time and I just can’t do anything with it?
At some time, I think I changed password. But is it really that stupid to not be able to do anything with it?

You got your recovery when you logged in first time.

In that window, where recovery key was shown, was a message telling you, that you should save this key somewhere safe, cause you’re the only owner of that key and if you lose access to your account, that’ll be the only way to recover anything.

It’s a safety measure. That way no one beside you have all of your data.

But, there’s a way, a little tricky, but is. You’ll need to backup your identities (if you have access to them on some other device), use Fallback, create new recovery key and import that identities back. From what I remember, you must do this offline.

That’ll be one of two ways to get rid of that annoying message.

Second would be to use Fallback as is, but this will delete all of your identities, everything synced up with myTS, etc.

Choose wisely!

Hello,

I have the problem that my recovery key is gone and because I had to restart my computer, I need it via the Teamspeak client itself via the settings. Nothing happens if I want to create a new one and otherwise I can’t sync it? Can someone help me? Can I somehow create / restore an over the Internet?

Please take have a look on this Thread: How do I get a new recovery key? My Badges are not shown in client

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Greetings,
I bought a new pc, downloaded ts3, connected with my account and bam all my badges are gone. Is there a way to fix this?

First of all, check if you logged to correct myTeamSpeak account. Yes, this might sound silly, but maybe you got something wrong while logging in.

After that, check if your badges appear in client Settings > myTeamSpeak (hope I’m not wrong with that, as I used TS3 quite a while ago).

2 Likes