How do I get a new recovery key? // My Badges are not shown in client

Screenshot_2

I’m trying to make a new reovery key but when I click it in the settings I get a window to enter my password and than it closes. I don’t get a new window to copy or save my recovery key. I know the password is correct because if I purposely put in a wrong one I get an error. Any help?

I guess you can’t create a new one because TeamSpeak already asks you for one. If this is the case you need to enter your old recovery key or perform a fallback.

1 Like

Thanks, had to do the fallback since I don’t have the old recover key. Not sure why the new recovery key option didn’t work though.

So all your data is encrypted on the server so no one can access it.
There are two keys that can decrypt this data. That is the password and the recovery key.
Once you change your password there is only the recovery key left.
So to generate a new one you need a key to decrypt the data - which would be the recovery key.
But as you don’t remember the recovery key you need to perform a fallback to delete this encrypted data.

1 Like

It’s a password reset that needs the recovery to be entered to decrypt the account data.
Password change (in client or on website) does not need the recovery key.

5 Likes

post moved by moderator

Can you say, where i can generate new Recovery Key. I mean that I have same error as Kash1nko. Thank you. :slight_smile:

You only get a new key when you are logged in and the account is decrypted or you made a fallback.

4 Likes

hi, i redownload windows and i cant login to my teamspeak account bcs i need recovery key but i dont have it. can you help me? i have access to teamspeak and my email. i am not a hacker!!!

You said you don’t have the key (anymore).
Then all you synchronized data is lost.
There is no way of getting it back.

You only get a new key when you are logged in and the account is decrypted or you made a fallback.

okey thx. so i want to have same email on teamspeak account but i also cant change email in profile. i have mail on old email and i didnt changes. but when i get 2nd email where i want to change it i cant change. how it fix?

Hello anyone knows where i can find the new account recovery key? I createt one new Key but i dont know where it is.

Probably you have saved it, you can find it at your place. If you haven’t saved it somewhere, you’ll have to create another one and save it.

Hey, I can refer to this Topic if you have any Questions about the recovery Key

How do I get a new recovery key? My Badges are not shown in client - TeamSpeak Client - TeamSpeak

The only way to get your key back if you have lost it is to use the fallback method.

Yeah i dont have the key i create a new one but where i can find the new one no window opens.

I see. You can only create a new recovery key if your data is decrypted. If your data is encrypted, you have to delete it first and then create a new recovery key. For this you have to do the fallback.

Is it possible that you recently have reset your password? Then your data can only be decrypted with your old recovery key.

moved by moderator

I have been using teamspeak for many years… Im facing this issue and i cant fix it i tried reinstalling making new key etc but my sync data cannot be seen i dont know why …
i had so many bookmarks and powers on different channels when i signin to my team speak it doesnt show any thing but asks for a decryption key which i didnt setup in the first place …
I tried recovering the key few years back and then putting the new decryption key but my data doesn’t seems to sync and show … Can anyone help please this is annoying…

If you don’t have your recovery key and you haven’t saved your identity or bookmarks locally, there is no way to get the data recovered/decrypted.

You now need to do a fallback to get a new key. You will loose the synchronized data expect badges, they are bound to your account.

3 Likes

Hey,

Please share your Client Log with us. :slight_smile:

Please read following, because you did not just change your password. You did a reset of it!

4 Likes

somehow my badges are back . it was a server problem i think . im really happy it fixed itself .

1 Like