I have problem with myteamspeak

hello.
I have big problem:
I lost my every bookmarks, permissions on every servers. I am logging in my teasmspeak.
ERRORS:
<16:32:02> Serwer TeamSpeak nie mógł zweryfikować identyfikatora myTeamSpeak. Niektóre usługi myTeamSpeak są niedostępne.
<16:32:02> Ponowne nawiązanie połączenia może rozwiązać problem.
(POLISH LANGUAGE)

i changed password and nothing changed. reinstall too.

Does the problem only occur for you or anyone connecting to the server?

If it is everyone: outgoing port 443 (?) at the server is blocked.

If it is just you: I am not really sure but you may want to log out and back in to your myTeamSpeak account in the settings.

1 Like

You said you changed password. In that case you must enter recovery key you got on install/while logging in (don’t exactly remember when you get it) and only after that you’ll regain everything.

Subject raised multiple times.

Just so if you don’t understand something,

tu masz tłumaczenie.

Piszesz, że zmieniłeś hasło. W tym wypadku musisz użyć klucz odzyskiwania, który otrzymałeś przy instalacji/po zalogowaniu (nwm teraz kiedy, bo zapomniało mi się już, sorki) i tylko wtedy odzyskasz wszystko.

Temat wałkowany wielokrotnie (niczym na elektrodzie :smiley:).

1 Like

Only i have problem. I log again and i know that i lost my recovery, but i still have error
<16:32:02> Serwer TeamSpeak nie mógł zweryfikować identyfikatora myTeamSpeak. Niektóre usługi myTeamSpeak są niedostępne.
<16:32:02> Ponowne nawiązanie połączenia może rozwiązać problem.

i don’t understand, but everything on my phone is working good. I have ranks, and everything…

Firstly, you should check if you’re logged on to the same acc on phone as you wanna log in on your computer.

If it is, then you must use recovery key. Check everything, cause if you lost it, you won’t be able to recover. You can’t have lost it.

If these two accs aren’t the same (and why should they not be?), then log in to acc from your phone.

And I’ll say it once again, you can’t lose you recovery key. If this really happened then you need to either use only phone (kinda inconvenient) or create new acc (also inconvenient).

If I’m wrong in any way, maybe let @TS.ChrisR help you.

Oh, and BTW, if he wishes to help, here’s error translation (should be accurate, but I’m not 100% sure, cause I’ve never got it):
<16:32:02> TeamSpeak Server was unable to verify myTeamSpeak ID. Some myTeamSpeak features are unavailable.
<16:32:02> Reconnecting(?) may resolve problem.

Okay.
This is the same acc on phone and computer. when i want use recovery key nothing happening… :frowning: