Illegal instruction (Linux)

Hello, it is the second time I’ll report this. Please fix the illegal instruction.
TeamSpeak 5 is running completely fine on Windows but on Linux it doesn’t launch.
Even the Windows version of TeamSpeak 5 “runs” with Wine for me (black window but I can interact).

At least not in the forum.

Now let’s talk about your problem.

This is like telling to an cook book author that the cake you made is too sweet. Without giving us any more information we can’t help you. I know some people running TeamSpeak 5 on Linux just fine. I know some running the Windows binary using wine just fine.

• What OS are you using? (What linux kernel version is that?)
  • What version of TeamSpeak is not working?
  • Are the file permission set correctly?
  • Is any log created? What does it contain?
  • Are there any crashdumps generated?
  • Has it worked before?
  • Does the system have a x-server running?
  • What CPU is the system running on?
3 Likes

everything works fine on Linux, it is possible that you have a bad distribution or there are no dependencies in the system.

1 Like

Please run this command in your terminal:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

…and paste your output under this post.

https://hastebin.com/tuzevifumi.sql

I’m currently using Solus. But I had this error also on Arch-based and Debian-based distros.

And if you try to install Fedora, OpenMandriva,Manjaro, OpenSUSE and RosaLinux . I have is worth Rosa and problems there.

Hmm, AMD Phenom II - maybe missing sse3 or something? I’m not sure what our optimisation flags are without checking. Will try and check that out.

1 Like

btw I found the old topic: TeamSpeak - Official TeamSpeak Community Forum @davinciTS

1 Like

I’m sure this won’t work.

I don’t know but I hope it’s possible to fix.

It’s the client, not the server, so no 32-bit version!

4 Likes

Hi there, I’m seeing this as well on one Linux machine, a Core 2 Quad Q6600. It supports MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, but not SSE4.1/4.2. Is this machine out of luck?

Back to TS3 on this box for now, I guess.

flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pe
bs bts rep_good nopl cpuid aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtp
r pdcm lahf_lm pti tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority dtherm

Hi, i have a problem when i try to install teamspeak client on my ubuntu 22.04 machine, when i do the command “sh ts3client_runscript.sh” for start teamspeak, i get this error in output: “ts3client_runscript.sh: 3: Bad substitution Illegal instruction (core dumped)” i have already asked to chat gpt and i googled this error but i dont find anything, could someone help with this? i have really no idea for what i have to do for solve this

Download ts3 client

wget https://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/client/3.6.1/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.6.1.run

Make the TeamSpeak file executable

chmod u+x TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.6.1.run

Proceed and install

./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.6.1.run

Note: If you don’t want to read the License Agreement text, you can skip it by pressing the q button on your keyboard.

I did that, but I always get the usual error, which is that once I go to do the command:
“sh ts3client_runscript.sh command” I get this error:
ts3client_runscript.sh: 3: Bad substitution
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Illegal instruction = your CPU doesn’t support instructions any software needs to run.

Ps sh is not the command to run the client.
Please use the ./ABCD/ts3client_runscript.sh to run the client.

1 Like

ah, so what am i supposed to do? what should I resign myself to the fact that I can’t download it? because I remember that some time ago I had succeeded, but then I uninstalled it and now that I wanted to install it I get this error

The question is what CPU you got and does client 3.5.6 run?
http://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/client/3.5.6/

1 Like

Ohh my god THANK YOU, i installed 3.5.6 and it’s run perfectly, anyway my cpu is Amd Athlon 64 x2 6000+

Have you tried to install the 3.6.1 version through the TeamSpeak repository?

In that case you won’t be able to run any newer client version in future. ;( Your CPU is to old.

2 Likes