Insufficient Permissions for Homebase

I just tried to click on the ‘Setup Chat’ in TS5 and it asked for me to choose my home server. I tried to select the server I’m running but it’s giving me an error:

"
Set your Homebase

Choose this server for hosting your chat experience. This enables the full potential of unlimited group chats, filetransfer and end-to-end encrypted direct chats.

Insufficient permissions to make this server your homebase.
"

Any idea what this means and how do I fix it. I’m the sys-admin of this server and have I’ve been running the server I tried to select for a very long time.

1 Like

Can you please post your Client Log?

1 Like

Are you referring to the one located at …\appdata\local\teamspeak\logs\default\ts5client_.log

RC

1 Like

U mean this right?

So you used a current server of yours as “homebase” then? After that you ran into this error message ?

I think this is a server version issue, currently the normal ts3 server does not support chat functionality for new ts5 features, so I guess you will have to resort to the server from ts.

1 Like

Correct, that’s the message, but mine lists my server as one of the servers I can select so I selected the server I’m running. I suspect it’s listed because it’s one of the ones I have bookmarked.

1 Like

Yes exactly, have seen the same, unfortunately, this is not yet possible. (to my knowledge)

1 Like

To fix this you could do the following:

Do you also need Beta Access to unblock these features as well?

Yes, on the other hand, in my opinion, you don’t even get to this setup, at least that’s how it was with my test accounts.

That could be part of the problem then. I’m just on the wait list.

if you mean now to bypass this “error message”? No because it is a yet to come feature in my opinion.

This is what it would look like if you didn’t have beta access:

This feature isn’t available on TS3 servers. But will on TS5 servers.

We may need to add a check and message when selected server is incompatible.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update. Need any more testers? I’ve been running a TS server continuously since the early days (at least early 2000’s).

Sorry for kinda hijacking this thread. But when will TS5 dedicated Server will be available? Without beeing able to set the propper Homebase it´s kinda pointless

1 Like

Unknown. There is still a reason why the Servers are not public and in the future, you will find out more about it.

1 Like

So recently I have the problem, the client just do not allow me to run it, every time I try, you see leading circle on cursor for a split second, and nothing happens, to use it for a few days, i have to reinstall whole app, and becasue of that i lose everytime all server permissions and stuff. Any ideas?

First you can sync your identities and bookmarks via myTeamSpeak, so they don’t get lost if you happen to reinstall the client.
But keep in mind, that you have saved your recovery key. Without it, you would need to do a fallback if you forget your password and therefore loose all synced items again

To help your with you initial problem, we need more information from you. Your OS/Hardware specs, client version, has it worked before? any other stuff that might help us to identify the problem.

On the other hand, you can also try using the new TeamSpeak client, which is currently in (Closed) Beta.
Download it here TeamSpeak Downloads | TeamSpeak and after you’ve gone trough the installation steps, just click continue with limited functions.
Then you can redeem the beta badge with the code MULTIPASS to get full access to the beta.

Hello, i just installed teamspeak 5 and wanted to use MyTeamSpeak to host the homebase, but when i press “Use MyTS” the error pops up saying “Unable to set homebase”. Can somebody help me with this?

1 Like

You need the Beta badge, just redeem it with the code MULTIPASS

1 Like

Thank you, it worked!

2 Likes