Latest server update 3.13.5 broke gametracker and servers board

Yes!

3 Likes

Yes, fantastic, super quick answer :slight_smile:

Does the server have to be restarted or is it not necessary? I was so that he does this automatically in 5 minute intervals

Yes server should reload the list every 5 minutes.

5 Likes

Many thanks :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: I got questions about the whitelist

There seems to be an issue with the query client. It stopped working after the update to 3.13.5. For example TSViewer[.]com is not able to connect anymore.

You need to add your IP’s to the query witelist. I had the same issue.
It’s just stupid that there is nothing about it in the changelog.

4 Likes

Thanks. Its actually in that file.

But they changed the file from query_ip_whitelist.txt to query_ip_allowlist.txt (file created on 20th May, when it was updated).

Added to query_ip_allowlist.txt, now it works again.

Should have been added to the changelog.

Is query_ip_blacklist.txt changed to query_ip_denylist? No file created yet.

1 Like

I mean the allow list :smiley: this changed in 3.13.0 and is in the changelog of that version.
But there is definitly changed something in 3.13.5 which caused this problems.

Why did my comments moved to this Thread? I have my own self coded scripts which were blocked after the update and they were not blocked before. They have nothing to do with gametracker, tsviewer and so on. So there were changes which are not in the Changelog.

I’m fully aware of the flood parameters.

I updated the server keeping the database and keeping the ts3server.ini.

Why would it change the flood parameters…

As I said, adding the IP to allowlist solved the problem.

However a changelog entry for fully removing a deperacted “list” would have been nice.

But we haven’t removed it.

1 Like

This sounds very strange. The ip address was whitelisted before and wasnt present after the update (noticed after 2 days).

Any changes in the docker image that copy the files over again?

EDIT: Here is the breaking commit for docker users.

fix allow/block list · TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images@70c8c71 · GitHub

It forces the use of the new “lists” and switches over to the new “empty” allow/deny lists.

1 Like

You’re right unless they are explicitly defined within ts3server.ini which is the case in the latest docker image.

fix allow/block list · TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images@70c8c71 · GitHub

1 Like

I made a pullrequest to migrate the files once and for all.

Migration of White/Blacklist by Xeroxxx · Pull Request #79 · TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images (github.com)

1 Like

I disagree. For over 6 years I only had localhost for ipv4 &6 in whitelist, nothing else and every single external ts3 index site worked.
With latest update ABSOLUTELY NO index site worked anymore and I am now forced to add each IP manually to allowlist.

Nothing about this change was in the changelog and if not brilliant @TS.ChrisR I think nobody would realise what the problem is, as once again, theres no mention of this new requirement in changelogs whatsoever :unamused:

Hello since the last update nothing is going well we are BAN from 2 connections either in Viewer, Query and Telnet, we must now enter the whitelist permanently. Please post a correction.

And it’s been over an hour now even entering the whitelist that he tells me I’m still banned try again later.

PS : restart performed no change

cordially

Hello, I updated my server this afternoon and I had a problem with my viewer, I found myself banned in a few seconds … for an indeterminate period of time … we are obliged to restart the system! could you extend the flood delay or bring a correction

1 Like

Are you all using the Docker version?

Will talk to a dev about this. I’m not aware of a change here.
The only change i can imagine is that the docker version used the old names by default which the non Docker version does for a while now.

Meanwhile

Add the IPs of the desired tool into the allowlist (or whitelist in case you use a start parameter where name is set to whitelist)

5 Likes

I am using the normal Linux version and I have the same problem.