Latest server update 3.13.5 broke gametracker and servers board

But we haven’t removed it.

1 Like

This sounds very strange. The ip address was whitelisted before and wasnt present after the update (noticed after 2 days).

Any changes in the docker image that copy the files over again?

EDIT: Here is the breaking commit for docker users.

fix allow/block list · TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images@70c8c71 · GitHub

It forces the use of the new “lists” and switches over to the new “empty” allow/deny lists.

1 Like

You’re right unless they are explicitly defined within ts3server.ini which is the case in the latest docker image.

fix allow/block list · TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images@70c8c71 · GitHub

1 Like

I made a pullrequest to migrate the files once and for all.

Migration of White/Blacklist by Xeroxxx · Pull Request #79 · TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images (github.com)

1 Like

I disagree. For over 6 years I only had localhost for ipv4 &6 in whitelist, nothing else and every single external ts3 index site worked.
With latest update ABSOLUTELY NO index site worked anymore and I am now forced to add each IP manually to allowlist.

Nothing about this change was in the changelog and if not brilliant @TS.ChrisR I think nobody would realise what the problem is, as once again, theres no mention of this new requirement in changelogs whatsoever :unamused:

Hello since the last update nothing is going well we are BAN from 2 connections either in Viewer, Query and Telnet, we must now enter the whitelist permanently. Please post a correction.

And it’s been over an hour now even entering the whitelist that he tells me I’m still banned try again later.

PS : restart performed no change

cordially

Hello, I updated my server this afternoon and I had a problem with my viewer, I found myself banned in a few seconds … for an indeterminate period of time … we are obliged to restart the system! could you extend the flood delay or bring a correction

1 Like

Are you all using the Docker version?

Will talk to a dev about this. I’m not aware of a change here.
The only change i can imagine is that the docker version used the old names by default which the non Docker version does for a while now.

Meanwhile

Add the IPs of the desired tool into the allowlist (or whitelist in case you use a start parameter where name is set to whitelist)

5 Likes

I am using the normal Linux version and I have the same problem.

Thanks for investigating this issue. I’m not running docker for teamspeak and i never used any allow / deny lists before this update. Now i need to use them (which is not a problem but an entry in the changelog would be nice :wink: ).

Could it be possible that this change was made into 3.13.4 which were never released?

Hello, I am not using a DOCKER version either, but as soon as we are banned from the system we have to stop the server and restart it to access it again.

cordially

Hello, what I can tell you is that once banned the system hangs even after 1 hour, I remain BAN, I have to restart the server to solve the problem.

(Telnet + YaTQA + WebQuery)

Does downgrading to 3.13.3 fix the issue? :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Hello SCP I confirm that by downgrading to the old version the problem is resolved I can log in without any problem and the system does not crash for spam.

I disconnected and reconnected 20 times in a row without any problem, that with 3.13.5 in 3/5 I was banned for spam.

cordially

1 Like

Hello everybody,

where I can find what was changed of added in new version of the server?

Many thanks!

Have a look at Server 3.13.5.

Oh, my dear, many thanks!

Hello, I do not recommend installing this update, it has a ban behavior

This Update has no behavior so far. Its fixed a various numbers of crashes and i have no problems with this Update. @antipen44 if you have a TS Viewer or a gametracker bot, please add the Bot IP to the query_ip_whitelist.txt

2 Likes

Hello and I can tell you the bad behavior whatsoever in Viewer & Query I logged into Telnet I made a change and got banned, 24 hours later I still wasn’t unblocked, I had to shut down the server and turn it back on.

I even add myself to the list is the problem persists

I was banned from the server in two connection
Capture