Latest server update 3.13.5 broke gametracker and servers board

Before this update I was not in the whitelist and had no issues I could login 50 times a day now I am barely banned 2 logins, I have to restart the server and I added myself to the query_ip_allowlist the problem is that my IP address changes regularly and unfortunately I can’t do anything about it

still banned 1 hour later I restarted the server to access it again

1 Like

you just have to enter your ip to the whitelist. do not commit to version 13.3 you have a dangerous bug

1 Like

There is a problem with 3.13.5, it can also be reproduced and @Sponge-Manu has ScP informed about that Problem. In this case, the whitelist is a workaround if you are not banned yet. In 3.13.5, the ticks are probably not reduced, so at some point you will be banned even though there was no flood and the ban does not expire.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for confirming the problem that I have been reporting for 2 days.

I noticed that after 5 consecutive connections we are automatically denied access, the only way to be able to access it again is to restart the server

3 Likes

We pushed out an experimental version to fix these issues reported in that thread.

Your tools should no longer get banned this fast and bans are cleared again after 10 minutes in case they got banned.

http://files.teamspeak-services.com/pre_releases/server/3.13.6-experimental1/

Or use this one in case you can not open the link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cjZwdnlK6KCLscxuZLwcZqlk82cPCgJr?usp=sharing

8 Likes

@TS.ChrisR working perfect. Thank you for this fast Update. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello,

since the upgrade to teamspeak server 3.13.5 on my linux VPS i have issues with serverquery.
Usually i control my teamspeak server with YatQa and after the upgrade to 3.13.5 i was able to connect to the server just as usual for the first 2-3 times but after that i can`t establish any connection at all and i need to restart my server instance (systemctl restart…) and it works for a couple of times, before it fails again.

At first i thought the error might be in YatQa but i double checked it with TS3 Manager and it shows the exact same behavior. I can connect when the server just came up online for 2-3 times but after that, the connection

query_protocol is set to ssh in my ts3server.ini and i am using a non default port as a query port.
It worked always fine and the only difference is the recent upgrade to 3.13.5.

Did anyone of you experienced something similar?

1 Like

Please update your server to this Version: Index

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I will upgrade in the night hours and let you know if the problem still persists.

2 Likes

Also wanted to chime in and say that one ATP directly told me to buy a whitelist slot since they know that the recent changes lead to nearly everything getting blocked.

I can simply connect via YATQA and get blocked if I reconnect in that moment.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Get 403 when downloading client

Is there already a date when approximately this version will be released as stable?

1 Like

Beta next week. Stable has no date.

Maybe we skip beta but this needs to be discussed first.

7 Likes

@blowoffsteam @LeiToH @Karazhan @antipen44 @fabm3n @Eiki @tatayer @olokos @XeroX @FakE @TheChaosToast

Is the issue fixed for you with the 3.13.6-experimental1 ?
http://files.teamspeak-services.com/pre_releases/server/3.13.6-experimental1/

6 Likes

Yes after the update i removed all entrys from my query_ip_allowlist.txt and all of my scripts are still working and can connect to the server over raw query.

2 Likes

Hello, after a few days of use I have no more problems, so I will say yes the problem is solved.

cordially

2 Likes

In my case on version 3.13.5 there are no issues with serverquery bans at all.

I know for a fact that I have a script running and doing a lot of serverquery calls (reasonably of course, but quite often) and no bans are done, everything goes smoothly, I think so at least.

Gametracker also works great among other websites in the whitelisted IPs.

If possible in the next update, please make a possibility to automatically accept queries from all IPs as an option in config maybe.

This way we wouldn’t have to go through a tedious process of adding every ts3 ranking website IPs to the whitelist, exactly as it was possible before the 3.13 updates

YatQA is also working fine for me despite not being in whitelist, but remote anonymous site do get blocked by not having their IPs in the whitelist, sadly.

I’m happy stuff is being moved forwards, and fingers crossed this could be introduced to make server admins like easier, like it always has been.

Thanks and please read my post! <3

@TS.ChrisR

A setting won’t come.

But if you want all IP’s to be accepted add 0.0.0.0/0 to the list.
But doing this is risky since now nothing is blocked any longer.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

We will release a stable version today then. (pokes @HerrSammy)

8 Likes