Maybe a solution to DDoS

Hello, I want to report a feature I think. DDoS is the biggest problem today. If Teamspeak gives us such a number when installed on the virtual server, E.G: 1562. Conflicts will not occur if this number changes on each virtual server. Thus, if we can log in with the number given to us by the server over TS3 / TS5. The server’s numeric ip address would not be disclosed and I think the Attacks would be reduced if they were a bit.

The best example of this would be Raidcall. :))

This is a useless post

Well tbh where is raidcall today, if heard theres only a russian client out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyway: The best way to prevent such overkilled DDoS attacks would be to hide/proxy the «real» IP address. That’s sadly not possible for TeamSpeak and I honestly think that there’s never going to be a new update, which will take a high priority to this issue.

Teamspeak Server Admin’s are keep fighting against these DDoS attacks for years now, but are mostly failing. Well… Such braindead peoples (or skid’s) are keep going to attack random TeamSpeak servers for honestly no reason.

So… your suggestion is nice, but not really sure if it’s ever going to happen once.
It would be like ‹the eighth wonder of the world›.

I’m also suffering from more than 10 DDoS attacks. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
(oh and it’s from the same person like always)

1 Like

What do you mean?

Hey read this thread please. @TS.ChrisR @Adam

we have good protection, enough 1-2 well-configured firewalls and no attack to reach the server.
the secret is good hosting and plus protection :smiley:

That’s not possible for me, since I use the international weblist to show my server to others. 24/7 attackers are always alive, and hosting provider in these regions are just awful.

i think try ovh or extravm :slight_smile:
we have been with them slowly for 3 years.
we get attacks constantly but don’t get to the server.
of course we also have an extra firewall.
we refine the protection constantly.
so far we have had only one problem :smiley:

I’m having this DDOS Attacks also since i public listed the Server. So are there any useful ways to prevent that? Server is running on a Windows Server.

Last attack just happend an hour ago, checked the Firewall Logs. Basically there were around 100k Connections established on 9987 via UDP within 10seconds.

Result -> All Users lost there Connection for 2 minutes.

I’ve stored all those IPs but that doesn’t help a lot. I guess most of them are dynamic IPs. I’m wondering if i could somehow adjust Windows Firewall or Teamspeak to limit the amount of Connections allowed. This way, maybe users would not be able to connect for some minutes, but Users currently on the Server would maybe not loose their connection?

Yup… a public listed server — just as I though it.

I’m getting ~10 DDoS attacks every day. They’re mostly going for +45 minutes. It’s almost the same guy who’s attacking me since +9 months. I know how far you’re suffering from this. No idea why there are still such «low-life-idiot’s» around on teamspeak, but it seems that they never get bored of sending these useless DDoS floods.

All my user’s will lose their connection for many hours in a day.

It doesn’t matter if you save 10 or 10’000’000 spam IP-addresses. They’re mostly from a botnet which were abused, so the victims doesn’t even know that their network was abused for an DDoS attack. It doesn’t make sense to follow/trace the IP address back to this roots.

Of course you can set a limit rule for every connection. But I’m not sure if it’s going to help a lot. The best way to prevent such downtime is to find the correct server hosting provider, with a good datacenter (game DDoS protection maybe) and also a configured firewall. You can set any rules on your firewall, but a DDoS protection in general is way more better than some IP-rules.

Yes, it could be like this. Further connections will be disabled, because they’re limited and not every user can be identified as a “real”-user. But it MAY CAN prevent some server downtimes. It depends on your server-power, hardware and also network traffic — so it’s not impossible, but I wouldn’t prefer this way as I mentioned it above.

TeamSpeak sadly doesn’t give a single damn about the “health-status” of your TS server. You need to protect your server by yourself, there’s nothing what TeamSpeak can do, except giving tips and tricks. :confused:

I’ll also never understand, how those DDoS attackers can sleep tonight. :zzz:
Whishing you GOOD LUCK!

2 Likes